Please help! Emergency Surgery needed Asap and it's Life or Death for my baby!!

valerie todd

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

This is a desperate cry for help! I would never do something like this, but when it comes to my children's life or death I'll do anything!!

My cat has been throwing up and not eating for two days, after deciding it wasn't a hairball problem we brought them to the vet and they told us it would cost 2000$ for the surgery! He has a piece of string caught on his tongue and in his throat. I don't have that kind of money... Because of some past issues my credit is not good yet, slowly building up. They refused a payment plan and told us the money had to be paid upfront!

He's hydrated for another day but he won't last long without the surgery. He's only a year old! Please PLEASE help us save him! He means everything to me! He's my little boy and I couldn't bare to watch him die! 

Please help Sebastian live his life out, and not die at only a year old...

Last edited by a moderator:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
To all members:

a reminder that it is YOUR responsibility to check out these solicitors to the best of your ability. Ask for references, phone numbers, call around the area and find out if this is a legitimate cause or a scam. Thecatsite.com does not stand behind any solicitation of funds for any reason that appear in the forums unless explicitly authorized. Be very careful before you send any money: no matter how effective the plea is, check it out first before opening your wallet. For more information, see Pleas for Money.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It would help if you could provide the name of the vet to whom the money will be going.  I, myself, do not ask for funds directly, but ask that $ be given directly to the veterinarian, in a special account.  That allows potential donors to check the validity of the plea and to make sure the vet is licensed.

I do understand your desperation - poor little Sebastian!!!  Mega prayers and vibes that you get your funds and little "Sebby" makes a full recovery 

purplemilkywayy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Valerie, 

I'm a student and I don't have much, but I donated $5.

Do you know about Reddit? Reddit absolutely loves cats. If you post there, you'll get higher visibility and I'm almost positive you will be able to raise $2000 in no time. 

tulosai

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I agree with others.  To make it more likely to reach your goal I would post ALL of the following on your GoFund Me Page.  I would not even consider donating to someone unless all of these things were posted.

1. The vet's name and phone number, as well as the name of the clinic.  Warn her that some people may actually call. I am a suspicious person by nature but I find it to be VERY odd that you have not posted the vets number despite the fact that multiple people both here and on the Go Fund ME page have asked that you do so. 

2. A good faith estimate of expenses as provided to you on the vet clinic's stationary. 

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

valerie todd

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

It would help if you could provide the name of the vet to whom the money will be going.  I, myself, do not ask for funds directly, but ask that $ be given directly to the veterinarian, in a special account.  That allows potential donors to check the validity of the plea and to make sure the vet is licensed.

I do understand your desperation - poor little Sebastian!!!  Mega prayers and vibes that you get your funds and little "Sebby" makes a full recovery 
The name of the vet is ~

Aylmer Veterinary Clinic

(566, ch d'Aylmer, Gatineau)

He's there now going through surgery, please let me know if you need anymore details! This isn't a fake and I have the quoted vet bill for his surgery on camera. 

#SebastianStrong on facebook to see more details about him. Thank you for shares and positive feedback of my baby!

valerie todd

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The Vet's name is Isabelle and the number is 819-684-6456

valerie todd

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

I agree with others.  To make it more likely to reach your goal I would post ALL of the following on your GoFund Me Page.  I would not even consider donating to someone unless all of these things were posted.

1. The vet's name and phone number, as well as the name of the clinic.  Warn her that some people may actually call. I am a suspicious person by nature but I find it to be VERY odd that you have not posted the vets number despite the fact that multiple people both here and on the Go Fund ME page have asked that you do so. 

2. A good faith estimate of expenses as provided to you on the vet clinic's stationary. 
I didn't post it because I didn't realize people would think it as suspicious, I'm not exactly clear state of mind with someone telling me my baby isn't going to make it unless I cough up 2000$+

But I understand your concern which is why I posted it. Thank you for letting me know what information is needed!

tulosai

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I didn't post it because I didn't realize people would think it as suspicious, I'm not exactly clear state of mind with someone telling me my baby isn't going to make it unless I cough up 2000$+

But I understand your concern which is why I posted it. Thank you for letting me know what information is needed!
Thanks for posting the info! I truly didn't mean to cause any offense at all, I really just want you to have the best chance of reaching your goal.

Very happy he is having the surgery now.  

valerie todd

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you everyone for your kind words!

|No no, I wasn't offended~ I just didn't know people would go as low as to scam with something like a dying animal. 

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww, bless your heart-i love how trusting you are!!! 
 I was married to a Canadian (he is over RB, with all our departed kitties) and he definitely lacked my USA cynicism - so I completely understand how you wouldn't realize why (and justifiably so) we needed verification.  Sending major prayers and vibes that your Sebby is doing well!!! Please keep us updated

valerie todd

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you very much~

So, some news is he still wasn't feeling great this morning after surgery and still wasn't eating. Being concerned we called the vet and she told him he should have been eating so we rushed him to the vet and back into surgery they went.

It looks like they had missed somethings, having checked he had a ball of threat in his stomach and stuck along his intestines, cutting into them.

All 3 vets at the location were trying to find everything they could and managed to remove all the thread embedded into his intestines and they cleaned him out from the split bile and fixed up any cuts that needed repair. 

He's coming home tomorrow afternoon, he's recovering overnight at the vet. 

It costs a lot more then planned... but my baby's coming home!!

Will post more updates as needed.

eb24

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So glad to hear that he was able to get the surgery he needed and is recovering!!!

Unfortunately we live in very sad times when there are people who do post fraudulent emergencies in an effort to swindle money out of good hearted and compassionate human beings. Good for you for not taking it personally when some asked for verification and for taking the time to back up your situation with some tangible facts so that people could feel more comfortable about donating. It makes me happy to know that there are still good, honest, loving people out there!

Thank you to all those who provided support (whether monetarily or emotionally) and please continue to let us know how he is doing. 
Vibes for a speedy recovery with no more complications!  

jodiethierry64

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so happy he was able to have the surgery. It's quite obvious you Love him. It's a shame that vets don't work the way human Dr's work with billings. They will price themselves out of business if they don't start working with people and that's a shame. Animals are as defenceless as children. I hate that vets, who supposedly went into the business for the love of animals, have become mercenary. I use to respect them because I saw a difference from how human Dr's are. No more!!!

Anywho, I'm praying that your baby boy recovers. He's a beautiful boy and he's loved. You can see it in his eyes. Give him hugs and kisses from all of us!

valerie todd

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I will! I promise! We're working hard to 'baby proof' our place so it doesn't happen again. I'd die having to see him miserable like that once more.

I do love him, very very much~ He has such a personality that he's completely irreplaceable. He chases people's shadows, wags his tail like a dog, and cannot be outbeaten when it comes to a lazer pointer

I have 4 cats and every one of them have such a different personality. I'd do this for any of them, none of them are allowed outdoors other then with us during the summer for going out with a harness. So they sort of become your children when you're watching a movie and all four of them are sitting with you relaxing <3

Here's my big family.

Sebby

Bastet

Lestat

Gypsy

-Proud parent 101-

The before last was a starving rescue we picked up from a compost bin at my mother's in law. He's scared of almost everyone except my spouse and I. He's SUCH a cuddler though! He's the length of my arm, massive like a house dog and yet all he wants is snuggles. 

This is him when we found him. Brought him to the vet and my spouse literally sat in the washroom with him feeding him and comforting him while he recovered for a month.

jodiethierry64

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I will! I promise! We're working hard to 'baby proof' our place so it doesn't happen again. I'd die having to see him miserable like that once more.

I do love him, very very much~ He has such a personality that he's completely irreplaceable. He chases people's shadows, wags his tail like a dog, and cannot be outbeaten when it comes to a lazer pointer

I have 4 cats and every one of them have such a different personality. I'd do this for any of them, none of them are allowed outdoors other then with us during the summer for going out with a harness. So they sort of become your children when you're watching a movie and all four of them are sitting with you relaxing