please help cat sick

milosmom123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Milo is sick and I'm on a limited income of 700 a month and i would like to know if there is any way that i can make him better with out going to the vet i made appointment but is there anything I can do

here is whats wrong

eyes have gunk

not eating that much

cries when he pees

sleeps all day not normal for him

feels hot 

shakes head

think he might have-( ear mites)- but something Else too

liking more 

meowing  when ever hes not laying down

underweight i feed him a lot but  he wont eat that much

I'm really worried this is my fur baby and i love him can anyone help me

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If he's crying and/or straining when he pees and/or licking that area more, I would get him to the vet ASAP. This may be an emergency. Male cats can get blockages of the urethra, which can be fatal. If he feels hot and is restless, he may have a fever and be in pain. It sounds like he could have multiple things going on, but this to me seems the most critical. Please don't wait.

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

not eating that much

cries when he pees

sleeps all day not normal for him

feels hot 

shakes head
These are big deals - he should see a vet, first and foremost for the top two reasons you listed. You can't help him with these things, and no one can diagnose him without seeing him. He needs to see a vet. You'll save money in the long run by not waiting and letting it get worse.

stephenq

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As the others have said there are several reasons to see a vet but crying when peeing can be life threatening.  Is pee coming out when he's in the box? A normal amount or just a little?

He needs a vet, and while I understand your limited income makes this difficult, the peeing issue sounds quite serious.  Please take him to a vet and perhaps they will offer you a discount if you plead your case.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Just adding the I completely agree with the above posts, and if you haven't taken Milo in yet due to finances, perhaps this thread can help you out there:  http://www.thecatsite.com/t/155462/cant-afford-a-vet-please-read

However, please don't wait too long as this really is sounding like an emergency.   (not ALL of it, but certainly some of what you listed...and these things don't seem to all be related)