Please help cat acting strange

Potter386

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Cat.MOV

Link to what my cat is doing… I don’t have the money right now to take him to vet he is one year old has all his shots and is fixed he is a inside and outside cat he likes to go outside a few hours a day then just scratches at door when he wants in.. he started doing this yesterday any ideas?? So worried

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi, can't get the link to work. What is he doing? Can you describe it?

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi, can't get the link to work. What is he doing? Can you describe it?
OK, got it to work.
You need to get your cat to a Vet, ASAP. I know you said you don't have the money. Could you apply for Care Credit? Are you in the US? From what I am seeing it looks like he is having difficulty breathing and or swallowing. But what he is exhibiting is a very distressed cat, even though he may not look like it to some people. So, if I was you I would at the very least, get the money together for at least an exam, and go from there. Usually an exam isn't that expensive. Once you are in, it is allot easier to try to get help.

He does look like a very nice cat.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
:yeah: I thought the same thing when watching that video. I do think it warrants a vet visit. Since he goes outside, it is possible that he ate something and it is lodged in his throat. There are just too many possibilities and the only way to get to the bottom of it is to have a vet take a look. Is he eating/drinking OK?

Maybe you can share that video with the vet and that might prompt them to cooperate more with you about a payment plan so that you can pay parts of the bill over time. Anything in this article that might help financially?
No Money For Vet Care? How To Find Help And Save Your Cat’s Life – TheCatSite Articles

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Definitely distress, eyes runny, breathing or swallowing is impaired. It is an emergency and he needs a vet. This is not something you can handle at home.