Please help! A cat and two kittens not getting along!

ilafa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've raised two orphan girls Coco and Voodoo and about two months ago we introduced them to our early desexed 2 year old female cat Ajci. We followed the steps described by the lovely people on this forum.

We've had a problem with Ajci being afraid of them, which has passed without any aggression besides a bit of hissing and growling. After almost two months, my girls still aren't getting along. but the dislike is coming only for Ajci's side

She swats them often when they come near. They don't show any aggression towards her and sometimes it even seems like she wants to chase around with them.

The last few days I felt absolutely devastated and felt the need to ask you lovely people for a piece of advice. When Ajci was napping on my bed and I came to pet her, Coco came with me. She stepped up to Ajci and STARTED GROOMING HER AND PURRING! But poor little thing got swatted for return
It has happened for three times now

I beg you for at least a bit of reassurance if not an advice

thank you

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Everything is ok. Its just been 2 months since you introduced them, they are still working things out. Swatting is actually not very serious and could even be interpreted as an invitation to Coco to play.

Try not to get too stressed about it because they can pick up on your stress. As long as they are not fighting and drawing blood, you are actually having a successful introduction phase.

valkerie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have five cats 2 cats 3 kittens our tabitha does not like change and when we took on 3 kittens all hell broke loss from tabitha"s side over time she has got better it just takes time the kits seem to know when to back off but feeding time ah thats funny tabitha is as nice as pie but we are still waiting for her to play with the kits but our older cat prince loves them to pieces so only time will tell our late pudeys hated prince 16yrs of hissing at him