Please come home Einstein!

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Good questions, and ones that I don't have an answer for, but I will find out from her.

I think she is more worried that a UTI was coming on and that it may have gotten worse.
Exactly she has concern for his health issue..As well as his safety as I would be if it were my cat..I totally understand ....My prayers are with your friend and her kitty Einstein...

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, get those answers. Have her check his previous home if it is anywhere near. Within miles even. Gone a week? If unneutered, he could have a girl and be following her. Anyone else have cats near her? They could be feeding him. Is he microchipped? Alert all vets and shelters. Look everywhere and don’t stop. They can show up anytime. A uti? That is a maybe? Don’t panic but keep looking. Cameras available? They are cheap now. He could well be just outside her door every night without her knowing. Cameras can really provide help and peace of mind even if you just spot him. Set traps? Do so. Put his carrier out too with familiar scented things inside. If the things are disturbed, he may be near. I’m betting, just as I did with Jet, that he is very near.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, get those answers. Have her check his previous home if it is anywhere near. Within miles even. Gone a week? If unneutered, he could have a girl and be following her. Anyone else have cats near her? They could be feeding him. Is he microchipped? Alert all vets and shelters. Look everywhere and don’t stop. They can show up anytime. A uti? That is a maybe? Don’t panic but keep looking. Cameras available? They are cheap now. He could well be just outside her door every night without her knowing. Cameras can really provide help and peace of mind even if you just spot him. Set traps? Do so. Put his carrier out too with familiar scented things inside. If the things are disturbed, he may be near. I’m betting, just as I did with Jet, that he is very near.
)

Thank you, Jcatbird. J ::)

I have sent her a PM over on the parrot site but had not heard back from her yet,- I hope everything is alright. The last time we communicated, she was going over to ask her neighbor to check her shed. This is a neighbor who apparently he had gone to before.

I have always thought, as I do with most missing kitties, that he is closer than thought. He was stressed out over a fight with another cat and started to exhibit signs of a UTI.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are pages upon pages of threads on this site, so nobody can possibly read them all. I simply didn't see it, so it's not indifference.

When Demi escaped, the only reason he came back home was for his beloved kibble. So if Einstein has a favorite food he can't resist, that might work.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
There are pages upon pages of threads on this site, so nobody can possibly read them all. I simply didn't see it, so it's not indifference.

When Demi escaped, the only reason he came back home was for his beloved kibble. So if Einstein has a favorite food he can't resist, that might work.
And that is a problem on this site.

Normally, I would think that Einstein will come home when he is good and ready, and yes, I agree, food always helps. I think she is worried because he has never been gone this long before and that he was showing signs of illness when he escaped.

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
And that is a problem on this site.

Normally, I would think that Einstein will come home when he is good and ready, and yes, I agree, food always helps. I think she is worried because he has never been gone this long before and that he was showing signs of illness when he escaped.
Shes worried about him coming home and his health issue...So understandable...BLESS this kitty's safe return and BLESS ure friend in her time of need of support :redheartpump: :alright::petcat::silver:My heart goes out to her and her precious precious kitty... :redheartpump: :redheartpump: :alright::silver::redheartpump:

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you,, my friend. I think we will find him, he will turn up.
jefferd18 jefferd18 Just now coming on and reading this. Of course my heartfelt *PRAYERS* and best thoughts are for Einstein and his worried caregiver/family member! Something occurs to me that may or may not be helpful. There is a dog in the series of pix, and I assume the dog and Einstein are friendly. Now the dog is not a bloodhound or a trained search and rescue dog, but it IS a dog. Take something that has Einstein's scent on or in it and let the dog get a good whiff. Then take the dog walking to any and all of the sites Einstein has frequented/is familiar with. Bear in mind that cats who go out may range 1/3 mile or more from escape pt. And then do follow all of the other posters' suggestions. But let that dog see what it can do. It may succeed. It's worth a try and if nothing else, the dog will get a good walk.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
jefferd18 jefferd18 Just now coming on and reading this. Of course my heartfelt *PRAYERS* and best thoughts are for Einstein and his worried caregiver/family member! Something occurs to me that may or may not be helpful. There is a dog in the series of pix, and I assume the dog and Einstein are friendly. Now the dog is not a bloodhound or a trained search and rescue dog, but it IS a dog. Take something that has Einstein's scent on or in it and let the dog get a good whiff. Then take the dog walking to any and all of the sites Einstein has frequented/is familiar with. Bear in mind that cats who go out may range 1/3 mile or more from escape pt. And then do follow all of the other posters' suggestions. But let that dog see what it can do. It may succeed. It's worth a try and i

Thank you, tarasgirl- that is a fantastic idea!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very grateful you have gotten so many great ideas here and lots of love sent. The dog may very well lead her to Einstein!! Brilliant!
One other thought, where is the cat he fought? Some cats will return to the scene of a fight but others go the complete opposite direction. Check near the cat he fought. He could be stalking that cat. Hiding nearby. That does make me wonder if he is neutered or just crossed territory with that cat. Perhaps there is something near that spot that attracts a cat?

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
MOD NOTE:

I am going to ask the moderators to take this thread down due to the indifference the cat community here has shown it. Sorry, if that seems harsh, but a lot of us responded to the thread of where someone lost her mother's cat. We gave the OP some helpful tips while cheering her on. I also took the time and interest in sending my friends PM's when a kitty named Lilly was missing. That is what Cat people are suppose to do-- we have all been there. TIME is not a luxury that a missing cat has.

I want to thank all of the people who have taken the time to answer this thread. Your concern for Einstein and the help that you have provided in finding him is greatly appreciated.
We would not take the thread down. That would be very rude to all the members who gave their time and wisdom. We rarely remove threads for that reason, but in this case it's even more unlikely as the care and concern of our members has been so obvious.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The last I heard from her is that she is going to try the dog angel today.
Once again, this situation is different because it involves a sick kitty who has also developed new fears.
I hope the dog angel tactic works! :crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers: Just make sure your friend takes his favorite foods with her when she goes out looking for him. The other food that members have found entices even sick kitties is Kentucky Fried Chicken, so that - or something similar, is an option.
He has a big plus going for him in that he has a barn cat background, so he knows more about 'basic survival' than indoor only cats do - which might help to explain why your friend hasn't ran across him yet. But, if he isn't feeling well, the other thing is that he probably isn't likely to wander far off. My guess he is holed up somewhere very nearby. Your friend has to spend as much time as she possibly can searching for him - day in and day out. Does she have any neighbors who would be willing to help her out with the constant searches?