Pleaaaase let Aaru have her kittens safely and SOON...

leen and alice

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ill try thinking about other soloutions
Tonight[emoji]128515[/emoji]!
Btw... whats their fb page ..I would LOVE to
follow them!![emoji]128147[/emoji][emoji]128147[/emoji]

Last edited:

bmedlock09

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
:(
Thanks @leen and alice
. I definitely don't live anywhere near California. To be honest, I know I can't really afford to be picky, but I really don't want to give the babies to someone with a ton of cats. I'd rather they be happy and healthy somewhere safe. I know that some people who have many cats probably care for them in a humane way, but most don't. Biologically, cats are naturally solitary animals most of the time. A few in a house is certainly do-able, but I believe that it stresses them out to be kept in large numbers because this isn't really what they do in nature. Male cats, in particular, are likely to start forming impolite habits like spraying when they are housed with other males. It doesn't always happen, but it often does. I would hate for one of my boys to be in a situation like that, then be turned out because of the emergence of his natural territorial behavior. Although this isn't as common in neutered males, it is still fairly common (even when they are neutered before maturity). Again, I'm probably being too neurotic about it, and I'm sorry for being a party pooper. LoL.

PS... I appreciate the thought, though :)
I posted my last litter of kittens on a Facebook sales group and asked for a small rehoming fee.($20) Cuz people are more likely to keep and take of something they pay for, also because if they'll pay for the kitten, 9 outta 10 times, it'll be a good home and they'll have the means to care for them. I also ask how many and what kind of other animals they have.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

forest phoenix

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
@leen and alice Awww don't be worried. I've just been super busy. Thanks for thinking of us!

Ru was spayed on Tuesday, and her milk wasn't dried up yet at all so there were some mild complications from that, but she's doing great. She just finished her 4 day solitary confinement in the bathroom, and I was hoping the babies would have forgotten about her teats by then, but no luck. When she had her vet check today and got permission to come out and play, the babies were on her like white on rice. They're 9 weeks old now!! And huge!! And still, they want the boobies. Don't get me wrong, they eat plenty of kitten chow and they are able to go without. They just still want to nurse, and she lets them. It's a little aggravating because I was hoping her milk would dry up soon. Oh well. I take them off when I see it happening, but I can't always be there.

As for the babies, they're hell on wheels but they're doing great! I'll post more pictures soon. No adoptions yet, unfortunately. :(

leen and alice

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

I hope they get adopted soon...

did you decide whitch kitten you're keeping??

in this age kittens get CRAZY

I hope they're not too much trouble!..although I know they are

so no one is really into adopting black kitties! thats really sad!

I wish I can adopt them.. theyre so freaking ADORABLE!

hope  they gwt adopted soon and behave themself!

forest phoenix

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey, y'all. I just wanted to share the bittersweet news that 2 babies have been adopted, so I've reached my target kitty population of only 2! My mom visited over Labor Day weekend, and took Mikah and Lil home with her. I kept Kohl and, of course, Momma Aaru. Thanks to all of you for your support through all of the pregnancy, labor, nursing, and adoption issues. You've all been phenomenal.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Aww, what a happy ending! Your mom has the others, so you'll be able to keep up with them! I hope everyone continues to be happy and healthy! [emoji]128571[/emoji]

leen and alice

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
"And they lived happily ever after"

Im so happy for you!!!

I hope they have a long happy life with you!

in a cozy little home

forest phoenix

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Everyone! I just wanted to give an update on our happy little family. The 2 kittens my mom adopted are doing great, other than the fact that they're holy terrors to clean up after. Kohl is doing great here with me and his momma. He's as big as she is now! He's almost 5 months old, and is getting neutered on Thursday. I wanted to share a photo of my latest home renovation... these kitties are a little spoiled.

I converted some unused space above a closet into a little "treehouse" loft for them. There is bedding and a toy up there for them to enjoy. I used some landscape edging to build a guard rail in case they start wrestling and carrying on up there... I don't want anyone falling off. A good friend gave me  a gently used cat tree that her kitties don't play with anymore... and it's a BIG hit. I think my friends consider me a little crazy for doing all this... but I thought this would be a safe place for me to share my excitement. :)

Lyzzie

La Folle Aux Chats
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Nice update! I've been following for a while.

It IS a safe place, and I must say OMG that's a great idea! It looks more like a castle than a tree house to me, but that's just awesome! This would be a big hit at home too I think, I LOVE IT!

leen and alice

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh my [emoji]10084[/emoji]️ I'm really happy that everything turned ok! Looks like they're having a lot of fun.. .And yes when they get spayed / neutered can you update us ? Because Alice is having hers after a few weeks .. And I don't know what to expect

forest phoenix

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
@leen and alice Ru was spayed several months ago when the babies were about 9 weeks old and were weaning. Everything went mostly ok, except that her glands hadn't completely gone down yet. I should mention that I had already postponed it once for this reason, and the vet said we could go ahead and do it at 9 weeks. Unfortunately, you have to wait several months for a surgery appointment at my vet, so postponing a week or two isn't a possibility. It's aggravating, but whatever.

Anyway, they nicked a mammary gland slightly while making the spay incision, and some milk got into the incision site. For that reason, they put her on antibiotics for a week and I watched her closely to make sure there was no inflammation. Everything went smoothly. I have her really good probiotics during her recovery so the AB's wouldn't mess up her guts, and she healed quickly and nicely. It's so nice to let her outside again. She was going a bit stir crazy.

Kohl is now in the stir crazy phase... and I can't wait for him to be neutered so he can go out and play. When he was younger, he stayed near the house. For HOURS, he and Ru would just play in the yard and under the house... having a ball. But about a month ago, he got to where he would make a mad dash for the dirt road and try to leave as soon as I let him out to play. We tried the harness thing, but it was awkward and he was miserable. Needless to say, he's been on house-arrest since that behavior began. I think it was his roaming instinct, because he reached sexual maturity at about  3 1/2 - 4 months :(. I'm hoping that after he's neutered and some of those hormones get out of his system, he'll not only be unable to sire more kittens but hopefully also be able to use his brain, rather than his boy parts, to think when he's playing outside. I'll keep you posted!

My mom lives on the other side of the state, so I'm not in contact with the other babies much. Hers will be spayed and neutered next week too. I'll check in on them when I go home for Christmas.

Last edited: