Playing Or Fighting?

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
10 seconds in I can tell you they are playing. What of this makes you think it may be aggressive? Those are 2 cats who play and get along beautifully. As long as there is no bloodshed and one isn't making the other cower in fear and hide and not eat, then they are fine! This is nothing, it can get really rowdy and loud, growling and hissing and meowing but this is all how cats communicate with each other. At some point the kitten will annoy the cat and it will assert his dominance and tell the kitten how to behave. They need to do all this, it is how cats communicate.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
I would say definitely playing as well. The adult cat is pretty calm, curious and chases the kitten. The kitten comes back immediately for more, and they feint st each other and retreats.

You have two adorable little fur balls btw.

MistyDawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I echo those above me. The tail movement isn't quick or aggressive. You see ears front here. Most importantly, there's no growling or hissing. That's the biggest giveaway. I think your adorable baby fuzz all (I just got one of my own, about the same age) will be just fine, and the two will become close playmates as they get to know each other better and bond over time. Young males, which I assume your orange cat is, often enjoy kittens, and love to play with them. I've been letting mine in the quarantine room to play with my little girl now and then in supervised visits, because it's nice that she has a playmate.

I'd like to see pictures of them. They're both beautiful.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Playing. My cat Peaches gives a loud screech when Maggie tries to play with her. Obviously Peaches does not like it. Then Peaches growls for a long time

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
They are playing. Tails are up when they move around. The ears are not airplane ears and no tail all bushy in fear. I think they are testing each other. No issues from what I can see. Their faces are open and friendly. Watch the ears. They lay flat when they get mad. I don't see that here. I see two cats hamming around having fun.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I echo the other replies, but also would love to know where you got that great, green Cat Cave?! I want one!
I bought red cubes from Target online years ago. Still have them. The ones I got at Wall Mart my cats did not like as much because of what they were made of. They couldn't roll around in them

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All play, and both parties seem to be enjoying themselves greatly!!!
Very polite play from the adult and the kitten is being respectful and not hounding the adult into playing more.
Enjoy these two. =)

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Playing. My cat Peaches gives a loud screech when Maggie tries to play with her. Obviously Peaches does not like it. Then Peaches growls for a long time
That is great that they communicate well to each other. Let them continue to do so. Hopefully one day Peaches will get over it and play with the other.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish I had an amazing video I lost on my last system (*shakes fist at kitten that spilled water on the CPU*), but I have two litter mates here that will play fight and it gets rough looking, but isn't. There's posturing, tail swishing, pinned ears, then an "attack", lots of kicking, squawking, and then a dramatic rush away by one and the other follows.
They came here as adults. And the first few times this happened, I'd have a practice stroke and rush into the room they ran into, only to find them cuddled side by side, slow blinking at me in bliss as if to say "....u mad?"

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are playing. Tails are up when they move around. The ears are not airplane ears and no tail all bushy in fear. I think they are testing each other. No issues from what I can see. Their faces are open and friendly. Watch the ears. They lay flat when they get mad. I don't see that here. I see two cats hamming around having fun.
I love watching an adult cat "come alive" with a kitten. So many adults (most of mine are no exception) get irritated by a kitten but this guy seems happy to have a little sibling to play with/teach/boss around.
We had an old dog when I was a kid, and I was gifted my first puppy, and this old dog came alive. She played with the pup, enjoyed the pup, initiated games and shared beds and foods and all kinds of stuff. I think this pup added years onto her life. She seemed so happy.

littlecatt

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What happy happy cats! :) I love seeing videos of people's cats playing so well, you've got such a cute pair and it's great that they're getting along! Enjoy their antics, it's fun to watch adult cats become big goofballs when kittens are around.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely playing in a very friendly way! And yes, I agree with other posters that the adult cat will teach the kitten that he is dominant over the kitten, but I see nothing to worry about. They are very good friends already! Don't be surprised if they curl up together, play together as they are doing in your video, and become very best buds!

SuefromTN

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi i just wanted a second opinion, i got the kitten a month ago and ive been following the introducing steps and just wanna know if there playing or fighting thanks!
This looks like a combination of playing and just checking each other out to me.