Playing in Lowe’s yard bags…

ziggyandshade

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello, I’m looking for info on the safety of my 10 year old, Ziggy playing in Lowe’s yard bags. He’s an indoor only cat and I’m always looking for ways to make life more interesting for him. I recently bought a few 30gallon yard bags (he’s a big boy) for hiding, playing and sleeping as he’s obsessed with brown paper. Would these bags contain anything harmful to him?
Also, if I cut a window out of the base, would the dry resin there be an issue? Theres no glue residue or similar. That’s our pup, Henry checking it out in the photo.
IMG_1687.jpeg
IMG_1685.jpeg

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Removing the handles is a must. Do your pets eat paper? That might be my only other concern. Some cats and dogs will tear at it and spit it out, but some do eat it. I use paper bags from Whole Foods with my cats and also buy craft paper on Amazon as one loves to burrow in it and I have never had a problem.

Matt H

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Following this thread, my cat seems to love paper. Anyone have tips for making paper-based toys? Or types of paper cats seem to really love? He was fascinated by the thin paper instruction manual in a cat toy.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I buy craft paper on Amazon and tear off huge sheets, crumple it, and put it on the floor. Rikki uses it as a sort of fort. It does not add to your interior decor, but in a corner it is not so bad.