Playing Fetch

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tarifa doesn't "play fetch" but she loves to raid the twinkle-ball bowl and bring one near to me and drop it on the carpet. My beloved angel Sun would take pens, straws, and twinkle balls and hide them. Our beloved angel Samuda once took a blue sweater that angel Marley used to lay upon, and carried it in his mouth to another room.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rosegold

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, it is very cute even adorable. Did she figure it out by herself or did you train her?
She did it herself! She sometimes does it with toy mice or a wadded up ball of paper, but usually she just likes to do it with that favorite plushie pink toy that she got when she was a baby.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Aww, what a cutie! Smart girl. :) My very first kitty, Sara, loved to fetch wadded up Lipton teabag paper...those little envelopes the teabags come in. I’d be reading, and Sara would bring a paper wad over, drop it at my feet, and look hopefully up at me. I’d have to throw it a long time before she got tired of the game.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, what a cutie! Smart girl. :) My very first kitty, Sara, loved to fetch wadded up Lipton teabag paper...those little envelopes the teabags come in. I’d be reading, and Sara would bring a paper wad over, drop it at my feet, and look hopefully up at me. I’d have to throw it a long time before she got tired of the game.
That's marvellous Tobermory. I wish Sombra would play a game where I could just sit down and throw things while she would do all the running. It is hunting she wants to play and it is me who runs with her prey.........

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's marvellous Tobermory. I wish Sombra would play a game where I could just sit down and throw thing while she would do all the running. It is hunting she wants to play and it is me who runs with her prey.........
golondrina golondrina do you have any twinkle balls? They're the soft toys with shiny "fur" like this:
IMG_1022.JPG
These are much loved, batted, chased, and retrieved in our furmily :lolup:

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well no Tarasgirl, I haven't seen those at all. I have several different balls and soft toys she likes to play with but has never brought one back when being thrown. And when she catches a prey she has "hunted" she bites it for a few seconds and runs back to her "hiding" place waiting for me to offer a running prey again. The only things she will play with by herself are ping pong balls but she has a way of making them disappear goodness knows where. Its my grandchildrens'and greatgranchildrens' job to look for them when visiting.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well no Tarasgirl, I haven't seen those at all. I have several different balls and soft toys she likes to play with but has never brought one back when being thrown. And when she catches a prey she has "hunted" she bites it for a few seconds and runs back to her "hiding" place waiting for me to offer a running prey again. The only things she will play with by herself are ping pong balls but she has a way of making them disappear goodness knows where. Its my grandchildrens'and greatgranchildrens' job to look for them when visiting.
These little soft twinkles are favorites and for many years, with many cats! They are readily available here but I don't know what venue sells them where you are. Maybe eBay or amazon? I would say they are about the favorite toys, along with da Bird (a wand and lure toy to play interactively with your cat) and the catnip mice, birds, fish and other shaped toys.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Tarasgirl. I see what I can find. Amazon and eBay charge their delivery to Uruguay several times de prize of the bought object so that the resulting cost is preposterous. I don't mind spending money for THINGS for Sombra but paying for the cost of delivery several times the value of the article is absurd.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Tarasgirl. I see what I can find. Amazon and eBay charge their delivery to Uruguay several times de prize of the bought object so that the resulting cost is preposterous. I don't mind spending money for THINGS for Sombra but paying for the cost of delivery several times the value of the article is absurd.
Could someone living out of your country purchase stuff for you and then send them to you through the regular mail?

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
That's marvellous Tobermory. I wish Sombra would play a game where I could just sit down and throw things while she would do all the running. It is hunting she wants to play and it is me who runs with her prey.........
I know exactly what you mean! When I throw their toys, they race after them and then sit and look at me until I get up, trudge across the room, and throw them again. I’m sure they’re laughing at me! “Let’s see how many times she’ll fall for this trick,” they’re saying. :lol: Sara is the only cat I’ve had who would fetch.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you have access to any bricks and mortar stores that sell cat/companion animal supplies, you may find them there. They're usually sold in multiple packs in plastic bags with cardboard top labels, and they're very reasonably priced. They are quite durable, and I have never known a cat who didn't love them.
I just did a google search for "cat toys sold in Uruguay" and yielded -- almost nothing. Nothing anywhere near these twinkle balls. But a good substitute is a piece of aluminum foil crinkled up into a ball. I have never known a cat who did not love the sound of these as they skitter across the wood, tile, or laminate floors!

Last edited: