Playing Chase!

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I play chase with C'est Moi once in a while. It's more like "tag" though; I'll tag her then run and hide, and she'll chase after me. I try not to let her touch me to tag me back.

MargoLane

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Busy likes chase. Every couple of days when she’s feeling hyper. She walks up to you, and looks ready to run. She’s waiting for you to say boo! She runs away, and you chase her for a while. It’s super weird, but really funny. When she flops down and doesn’t run away from boo, or seem even mildly interested in it, chase is over!

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats love to play chase with each other. But i have never played chase with them myself. My little black cat might be ok with it, but i was always afraid it would scare my bunch. :bliss:

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Iris, my calico, has always loved what we call the “Get You” game (or Getchew, actually). It started years ago when we’d close Iris and Lily downstairs in the finished lower level of our house overnight to give our senior kitty an eight-hour break from the excessive attentions of the younger scamps.

“Okay,” I’d say. “Bedtime, girls.” Lily would run downstairs. Iris would sit and look at me. I’d walk toward her. She’d start walking away. I’d walk faster. “I’m going to getchew.” She’d start to trot and her ears would be cocked back toward me. “Wow!” she’d say. I’d reach for her and she’d speed up. “Getchew getchew.” Around and around the house we’d go. She’d go under the table and stand there, waving her tail back and forth and rubbing her face on the chair leg. If I stopped and walked away, she’d come after me. And we’d start all over again. Finally she’d let me “catch” her, and then she’d chat with me all the way down the stairs.

She still loves the “Getchew” game even though Max is gone and the girls have full run of the house 24/7. Silly calico.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bluuuii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Jussi always tried initating some chase games with me but i didnt understand what he wanted until maybe half a year ago. He will give me that look like he is stalking me, sneak closer and closer until i get up and chase after him, once i catch up i turn around and run as fast as i can with him close behind. When he catches up he just wraps his arms around my leg and pretend to bite before running off again haha this can go on for a loooong time before he finally tires of it or

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
:running:Gypsy will get this certain look. I'll go 'pffft' and away she'll run. I go towards her saying 'mommasgonnagetcha!' when she runs out of sight I turn and making stomping noises. I usually stop in the bathroom doorway and she will thunder past into one of the bedrooms. I tiptoe into the room, go 'pffft', she'll dart past me out the door and away we go until she or I get tired.:bliss:

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't have the energy at the rate that Toffee in particular runs! Cats can be so fast, haha. I also have quite a small garden that wouldn't be big enough for a wild game of chase.
They play chase with each other but I'd never considered playing with them myself - though the boys would probably enjoy it!

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Iris, my calico, has always loved what we call the “Get You” game (or Getchew, actually). It started years ago when we’d close Iris and Lily downstairs in the finished lower level of our house overnight to give our senior kitty an eight-hour break from the excessive attentions of the younger scamps.

“Okay,” I’d say. “Bedtime, girls.” Lily would run downstairs. Iris would sit and look at me. I’d walk toward her. She’d start walking away. I’d walk faster. “I’m going to getchew.” She’d start to trot and her ears would be cocked back toward me. “Wow!” she’d say. I’d reach for her and she’d speed up. “Getchew getchew.” Around and around the house we’d go. She’d go under the table and stand there, waving her tail back and forth and rubbing her face on the chair leg. If I stopped and walked away, she’d come after me. And we’d start all over again. Finally she’d let me “catch” her, and then she’d chat with me all the way down the stairs.

She still loves the “Getchew” game even though Max is gone and the girls have full run of the house 24/7. Silly calico.
Great story, Tobermory Tobermory ! These are the things happy memories are made of!
:bliss:

egyptianmau

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat does it all the time. She'll start by looking at me all wild-eyed and then dart off at full speed to the other end of the house, behind the sofas. I peek at her from above the sofas, and she'll just stare back. (I'm always confused what she wants me to do at this point - Any suggestions?). Then when I start walking back she'll run past me to the other end, and so it goes on :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bluuuii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat does it all the time. She'll start by looking at me all wild-eyed and then dart off at full speed to the other end of the house, behind the sofas. I peek at her from above the sofas, and she'll just stare back. (I'm always confused what she wants me to do at this point - Any suggestions?). Then when I start walking back she'll run past me to the other end, and so it goes on :)
Maybe she is just waiting for you to run so she can chase you? Not really sure tbh haha. Jussi sometimes does that as well and usually if i start running he comes galloping after. Either way its really cute when they do that!

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im only admitting it because no one here knows who I am..lol

Greg loves to play chase...except he chases me.

I will peek around a corner at him, pull my head back and make a scratching sound on the wall.

He cant stand not knowing what is around the corner if it suddenly disappears from sight.

He will run to the corner and peek around it.

I then run to the next corner and peek back and he follows. Soon it becomes just him chasing me.

Arnold watches in amusement from the sidelines.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Im only admitting it because no one here knows who I am..lol

Greg loves to play chase...except he chases me.

I will peek around a corner at him, pull my head back and make a scratching sound on the wall.

He cant stand not knowing what is around the corner if it suddenly disappears from sight.

He will run to the corner and peek around it.

I then run to the next corner and peek back and he follows. Soon it becomes just him chasing me.

Arnold watches in amusement from the sidelines.
:spew::crackup: OH to be a fly on your wall!

egyptianmau

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Maybe she is just waiting for you to run so she can chase you? Not really sure tbh haha. Jussi sometimes does that as well and usually if i start running he comes galloping after. Either way its really cute when they do that!
She doesn't really chase after me. Just runs past me when I walk back. Anyway who cares, cos it's cute and fun :)