Playing After Being Spayed

GGG

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi,
It's been a week since my kitty got spayed, can I let her go back to her normal play activity level or should I still keep it down?
Thank you
:evilgrin:

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
How old is she?

The younger the cat, the quicker they physically recover from the spay surgery.

How does her incision look?

If the incision looks good she is probably good to be allowed back to prespay activity levels. If it is still bleeding or looks swollen or puckered, check with your vet.

Most vets are good about responding to quick questions so you can also follow up with your vet.

• Purraise
Reactions: GGG
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

GGG

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How old is she?

The younger the cat, the quicker they physically recover from the spay surgery.

How does her incision look?

If the incision looks good she is probably good to be allowed back to prespay activity levels. If it is still bleeding or looks swollen or puckered, check with your vet.

Most vets are good about responding to quick questions so you can also follow up with your vet.
She's 5 months and the incision looks really good, no bleeding, no redness, no swelling... I took her to the vet last Friday and she was happy with the way it looks. I'm just being very cautious... rather be safe than sorry
Thank you for your help :evilgrin:

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always worry too. I think after a week i would slowly start letting her get back to normal. I still would not play hard with her, but i wouldn't confine her either.

But i worry, so i would still try to keep her calm for another week or so. I think 14 days is what my vet recommended for normal recovery time.

• Purraise
Reactions: GGG