Play toys

twocats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was just wondering if anyone has as many toys for the cats as for their children? It seems like I buy the cats toys as much as I used to for my son, but I buy them in twos so "no one" gets jealous.My family also buys them "gifts" at all the holidays too. Right now I keep them in a wicker basket that does double-duty: holds the toys and they can rub or scratch on it. The basket is low enough that they pull their catnip toys or other ones out any time they want.

I also wonder if anyone else has a cat that will bring their stick & string to you so you can play with them? My Oreo will bring his toys upstairs to me at 3 am to play. He manages to drag/carry it up 13 steps and down the hall. Good thing he's so big.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally posted by TwoCats
I was just wondering if anyone has as many toys for the cats as for their children?
I would ask if anyone has as many toys for the children as for their cats?

My cats have tons of toys, but they often ruin them within a few weeks and then we get them new ones.

pnut

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My parents have 3 cats, 2 dogs, and 2 baskets full of toys! It is funny. Their boston bull (my favorite little doggy) will get a toy and bring it to you. You don't want to play. So, he goes and gets another one, and then another one, and another one. He thinks it is the TOY that you don't want to play with!

My apartment definately has more cat toys than anything. Clyde's favorite is those little mice that make "shaker" noises. He also LOVES to "fish watch" and play cards (gin) with us.

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Everytime I go to the store, I bring something home for the "kids". I had to add one more basket a few weekends ago. Just this weekend I went and bought 2 of those cat gyms.