Plastic bags, why are they so lickable

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
this is from another cat site, but I never saw the information about "Some plastics contain chemicals that may mimic pheromones or other attractants," I doubt the companies use these on purpose to entice cats. But it is something to consider when you store your plastic bags.

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I notice my cats try or pee on the plastic bags, they use the litter just fine but you leave a bag laying out it will be found with peepee on it lol

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've been very lucky with Hekitty. The ONLY time she touches a plastic bag is when she's ready for me to clean her box. She'll get one out of the closet, occasionally show it to me, and then place it in front of the box for me to use.

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been very lucky with Hekitty. The ONLY time she touches a plastic bag is when she's ready for me to clean her box. She'll get one out of the closet, occasionally show it to me, and then place it in front of the box for me to use.
That's a very smart cat

Anchoress

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wondering it that applies ie the pheromones etc to brand new bags as it is sheerly logical that these bags are impossible to rid of the aroma of especially meat? I use as few as I can and reuse well washed for freezer use for the same foods and never let them near the cats.

Lulu&Finn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My daughter left out a plastic shopping bag two nights ago. I woke up to cat vomit and a pretty good size piece of the bag in the middle of it. Lucky whoever ate it was able to vomit it up.