Planning My Wedding - Lari is married!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't suppose you have a picture of the church? I'd love to see it! I haven't been involved in planning a wedding in 30 years, and I'm enjoying this to no end!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't suppose you have a picture of the church? I'd love to see it! I haven't been involved in planning a wedding in 30 years, and I'm enjoying this to no end!
Not on my phone, sorry, but I can try to take one tomorrow when I go to Mass.

Today, I went dress shopping for my maid of honor dress for my sister's wedding in September, though. This is what we ended up picking (on the left), but the color will be more of a burgundy.
20190126_163138.jpg

I tried on so many dresses. It was a lot of fun!

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Your venue is wonderful! But you’re going to miss out on the chance of having the experience I did when I got married in my friend’s beautiful 1870s house. Her cats ate part of my wedding cake. I forgave them, though, because...well, we all know why.
:bluepaw: :bluepaw: :bluepaw: :bluepaw: :winkcat:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tobermory Tobermory The kitties ate cake!:lol:Okay, I know you forgave the kitties for eating the cake. You could hardly blame them for wanting to have a taste of such a wonderful thing. I just hope all your “other” guests got cake too. Sounds like it was a very happy day for all!

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Tobermory Tobermory The kitties ate cake!:lol:Okay, I know you forgave the kitties for eating the cake. You could hardly blame them for wanting to have a taste of such a wonderful thing. I just hope all your “other” guests got cake too. Sounds like it was a very happy day for all!
Oh, Beau and Missy were polite and waited until the other guests were served! The cat people were willing to take seconds; the non-cat people were more squeamish. :lol: I think having something amusing but harmless happen makes the day even more special. It should be a day of laughter as well as joy. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pretty dress!

Wow, it’s going to be a crazy busy but fun year for your family.
Yeah, my sister got engaged in August and had planned that September wedding before I got engaged - but she and her fiancé are 28 and 30ish, where as me and mine are 35 and 39, so we didn't really want to wait too long if we want to start a family. So I did ask if she'd be okay with us having close weddings because of my age, and thankfully she was fine with it.

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 - my camera's not the best and doesn't show off how pretty the stained glass shone this morning, bit here you go (and again, if anyone actually recognizes my church, please don't name it here publicly).
20190127_092541.jpg
20190127_092638.jpg