Planning My Wedding - Lari is married!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So far, I'm really liking this designer, Sophia Tolli. I don't like buttons (I never have, even as a kid) and don't want a dress with them like a lot of bridal dresses seem to have, but really do like corset backs, which most of her dresses can be designed to have.

Here are a few that really say "Lari" to me from a glance. I love the first one especially.
dress1.jpg
dress2.jpg
dress3.jpg

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Those are very nice! I like that cross over the fabric does in the bodice of the first dress. Very flattering!

I'm a big fan of corsets too. I used to model for a friend who made them and they're wonderful to wear. If it's a boned corset make sure you try the dress on while you're sitting down and standing up, so you can be sure it's comfortable. Nothing worse than a corset bone digging in to you every time you sit down.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the first and third dresses:loveeyes: So pretty:cloud9: Are you doing the traditional white / off white / etc color or choosing something else?
Yeah, I'm going to be traditional about it. That feels the most wedding-like to me. I plan on having a veil as well.

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the venue you chose, I wish you a lifetime of happiness. Thank you for including us in your pre-celebration! AND of course, we want to see your dress once you have chosen one!!;):) ( Love all 3) !

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I set up an appointment to try on dresses February 9th!

That seems so far away right now, but I'm going to have some busy weekends in January, so it's for the best. The place has good reviews and dresses from the designer I like, so hopefully I will find my dress there and not have to set up other appointments.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
All three dresses are lovely, but there is a sweet simplicity to the first one that just tugs at my heart. I only hope it is stunning on you, as well!

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When I was 6 I told my mom I wanted to get married at the chapel in YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK, and we did. The week before the wedding in MAY, it snowed. The day we married, it was 80 degrees and all the waterfalls were flowing it was perfect until he decided me having cancer was a deal breaker. Oh well, my wish came true!:celebrate:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any new wedding updates? :biggrin:
There's kind of been a lull in wedding planning. Once my fiancé picks out stuff from the menu, we can do our tasting, but other than that I'm pretty much on schedule according to my Knot checklist.

Max's Human Max's Human - I'm glad you got your wedding wish even if the groom ended up being a jerk (forget about "in sickness and in health"?)

Graceful-Lily Graceful-Lily - the more I look at it the more I love it. It's simple without being plain. I really hope I can try it on, that it's one of the Tolli's they carry.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, one of the school counselors came up to me in the teacher's lounge today and mentioned that she does wedding headpieces if I was interested. I told her that obviously I needed to pick my dress first before I have much of an idea of what I want (aside from a traditional veil where part covers my face at first and gets pushed back at the altar), but I'm kind of tempted. I kind of like the idea of having a custom made headpiece. But it was out of the blue, so I'll have to think it over.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I really like that first dress!
:yeah: It's beautiful and classy!

We had two big family weddings within a year (niece's and nephew's), and based on the brides' experience, I'm going to make a (weird?) recommendation. When you're choosing a dress, please consider how difficult it's going to be to go to the bathroom in it. You're going to be wearing it all day and will also be a bit nervous. You don't want something that's going to require two people in a bathroom stall with you. One, yes, that's normal, but not two!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually, every step is exciting for those watching the process. I guess you won’t know how you will wear your hair until you choose a dress and headpiece, but I love that you want to be able to lift the veil! That always seemed such a sweet touch to me. I expect things will evolve as you go.