Planning My Wedding - Lari is married!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know what hors d'oeuvres we picked out and so if the hotel also throws in a cheese tray, it would be a pleasant surprise.

We're mostly waiting for my family (a lot of whom went to my sister's wedding, but traveling twice might be too much) and a few of his friends. I'm trying not to be disappointed if too many more people don't come, but it does bring up feelings of inadequacy.

But in happier news, we got our marriage license today, so yay for that!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww! You know it only has to do with having two weddings so close together and nothing to do with being inadequate. It may feel like that but getting people to one wedding these days is not always easy. Work, travel, time, money, school and perhaps things like baby sitters all play a part in doing things. Just try to put your mind on the “Big Day!” How exciting! You have one major thing off your to do list! MAJOR! The list is getting so short now! Remember how long it was just a few months ago? You’ve been checking everything off and you are now at a point where you can start thinking about the fun that is coming up! Here comes the bride!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww! You know it only has to do with having two weddings so close together and nothing to do with being inadequate. It may feel like that but getting people to one wedding these days is not always easy. Work, travel, time, money, school and perhaps things like baby sitters all play a part in doing things
Yeah, I know. And hers was first. But the insecure part of me just thinks "well she was a lot younger, so she was the little and cute one back in the day and probably the favorite anyway," and I know I shouldn't think like that. I try not to most of the time.

I guess my list is shorter now. I confirmed things with the florist, but might need to try calling the church music lady again because she hasn't gotten back to me yet. I also need to set up another dress fitting.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG guys! Sorry not sorry to be spamming my thread tonight, but my one bridesmaid (the one that's the friend, not my sister or 15 year old niece) asked me to call her and I did and she's pregnant!!!!

This does not really affect my wedding, because I wasn't planning on feeding my girls sushi as their lunch on the wedding day anyway 🍣, but she hasn't announced officially on social media yet, so I just wanted to squee somewhere about how happy and excited I am. :banana1:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No need to check every little post. You are soooo busy right now but the garters are beautiful! Still going to paint your toenails blue? Lol
Hmmm. Funny how great news can come just at the right moment! Wonderful about the news! :yess::redheartpump: An extra reason to be celebrating!
I think so. I'm ind of attached to the blue toenail idea now, even with the garters, and I have the appointment for the pedicure anyway.

It's funny because I was telling her at her birthday over the summer that I had dreamed about her being pregnant, ad while she wasn't then, it happened not long after my dream it sounds like. My only worry is that with her current son (who's four now) she ended up with bad gestational diabetes, and I hope that doesn't happen again because I'd hate her having to miss out on cake! 🍰

Last edited:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
We're mostly waiting for my family (a lot of whom went to my sister's wedding, but traveling twice might be too much) and a few of his friends. I'm trying not to be disappointed if too many more people don't come, but it does bring up feelings of inadequacy.
Can you check with your sister and see when those family members RSVP'd for her? Maybe they were slow responding then too. But whether they come or not, as Jcatbird Jcatbird posted, there's many reasons why they might not be able to attend, and I'm pretty sure those reasons have little to do with who the bride is. :hugs:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOVE LOVE LOVE the garters! Even not tossing, they're a lovely memento!

I'm trying not to be disappointed if too many more people don't come, but it does bring up feelings of inadequacy.
Darlin, those who come are those who love you most, and whether that is 200 or 2, that's what really matters! I get how you feel. I was very good at feeling inadequate for a lot of years, but trust me...given the chance, EVERYONE here would be there, WITH BELLS ON!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My only worry is that with her current son (who's four now) she ended up with bad gestational diabetes, and I hope that doesn't happen again because I'd hate her having to miss out on cake! 🍰
Please don't worry, her ob/gyne will pay extra close attention to her and check for GD ahead of time since she may very well be pre-disposed to it.

Good luck choosing the right shade of blue nail polish - relax and enjoy your lovely pedicure. 💅

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Darlin, those who come are those who love you most, and whether that is 200 or 2, that's what really matters! I get how you feel. I was very good at feeling inadequate for a lot of years, but trust me...given the chance, EVERYONE here would be there, WITH BELLS ON!
You're sweet. Idk if it's hormones or that it's so close, but I've just been so moody. I go from being happy and thrilled to grumpy and worried.

I haven't heard back from someone I thought was a close friend. She missed my bridal shower and there's been nothing since. If her response card isn't in on time, I'll contact her, but idek.

And there seems to be concern that fiancé's SIL won't show up last minute. I'm not sure what issues she has exactly with fiancé's family, and it'll probably look worse for her and fiancé's brother/best man than us if she doesn't show, but you think that would be the kind of person you could rely on to attend a wedding.

I've been trying to find a dress for the rehearsal. I went with my MIL and tried on a bunch of dresses, a bunch which didn't look that great on me, and with my mom today and still didn't find a winner. I finally ordered one I like off the JC Penney website they didn't have in the store but I thought was pretty, so I guess I'm hoping for the best.

Some of the losers:

(Okay, I knew this one would be ridiculous - I tried it on for the lolz)
1012191836.jpg

This one was close, but I didn't love it enough to spent over $100 on it.
1012191834.jpg

If this one had been a size or so smaller it would have been it, but it felt too big and loose and we couldn't find any others.
1012191852.jpg

Few others, but not all
1012191827_HDR.jpg

1012191832.jpg
1012191830.jpg
1012191829_HDR.jpg

I wish I didn't hate my arms and legs so much. And I feel like I'm too old to pull things off. Hopefully I like the one I ordered, but it wasn't too expensive.

Last edited:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there anything you look bad in? Seriously! I think you could wear a brown paper bag and carry it off! The first one is cute and sassy! The second one elegant, the third one fresh and young, the fourth , a photo op, etc. etc. The last two look a little loose in the waist. You must have a tiny waist. I think you could have made any of them work but I know you want that ,”perfect feel.” I’m glad you are still doing the blue toenails. I really like that idea.
I don’t see why you hate your arms and legs? I know we all have “self images” but we are looking from the outside. An impartial viewpoint and I think you look great! If only I looked so young and beautiful......sigh.😊 The main thing is that he already sees you as the light of his life. It doesn’t get better than that. 💞 You’ll take his breath away when he sees you coming towards him.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I look bad in plenty of things! I feel like my arms are flabby and my legs look like tree trunks. Plus my hair wasn't cooperating with me and I get self-conscious about being older than the average first time bride. I guess we're also harsher on ourselves than we are on others. Anyway, two and three were close, but two was too expensive and I felt like three didn't fit properly.

This is the dress I ended up ordering.
dress.png

Hopefully it'll fit and look okay on me. I don't like ordering clothes without trying them on first, but I love the little capey thing. And $40 is way better than $100.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You're right, # 1 wasn't gonna work! I liked # 2 a lot. # 3 was nice too, but maybe needed a tad of altering. Not crazy about the neckline of # 4. # 5 & # 6 were the wrong fit. And # 7 was too loose. The one you've ordered is cute, and hopefully will fit.

About the guests, try to keep in mind that you don't know what's going on in their lives that could be causing delays in responding. But then again, mail does go astray, so maybe a quick email wouldn't hurt.