Planning My Wedding - Lari is married!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had my second dress fitting today and picked up my maid of honor dress.

Capture+_2019-09-26-20-23-31.png

It's a little loose on top so I might decide to wear a bra under it to fill it out a bit more, but it's comfortable as is so I'll decide on Saturday.

They've taken my dress in about 5 inches on the sides so far...
Capture+_2019-09-26-20-24-05.png
0926191715a.jpg

See how tight the corset is? I'd rather it look like you can see more of the string, and it's still a bit loose, so they'll have to take it in a bit more. The fabric for the straps isn't in yet and she worked on how much to hem the bottom today. It's better than last time - I don't want to cry anymore, but I still have my doubts, and did I choose the right dress - my sister looks gorgeous in hers. Is the color not good on me, etc.

But I'm looking forward to all my sister's wedding stuff now, starting with the rehearsal tomorrow evening.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you look like a princess. I know all the special touches that will be added, hair decoration, makeup etc. will add even more. YOU will be a dream walking!
I like the string in the back too. Garter? Very personal choice but as Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 said, either way it’s a lovely keepsake. My stepsister framed a group of wedding keepsakes for her daughter. The invitation, garter, piece of ribbon from the bouquet and a dried and pressed piece of ivy from the bouquet. The ivy had special significance. The ivy in her bouquet all came from a plant that I grew from a piece I snitched from her mothers’ bouquet. Many years ago! Lol I grew the cutting around a heart shaped form and gave it to my step sister on her first anniversary. She had not known that I took that little cutting. Lol Fortunately! We both still have some of the ivy growing in case another family member wants to keep the tradition going.
Love your Maid of Honor dress.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Waiting around for my turn in the make up chair, but here's my hair!
0928190834_HDR.jpg

Ooooooooooomg my sister is getting married. Look at her train.
0927192209.jpg

She's going to look so gorgeous.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Waiting around for my turn in the make up chair, but here's my hair!

Ooooooooooomg my sister is getting married. Look at her train.She's going to look so gorgeous.
I absolutely love your hair, wish I could do that to mine too. ;) As for your sister looking gorgeous, and so will you. I just know you will shine and be beaming on your wedding day.

Maybe a coincidence but I was watching Say Yes to the Dress last night. When it first started my youngest daughter and I would stay up to watch it on Friday night. It became a tradition and since I love her and love traditions I still watch it to this day. Seeing all those brides try on gowns with their entourage made me think of you. :heartshape:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love your dress and hair. The vine that you have will be beautiful in your hair. I can't remember, are you also going to have a low veil with the hair vine? Either way will be beautiful.
I think the plan is to put the veil over the vine because I'm going to have the blusher and I like the look of a higher veil, and then just let the vine shine during the reception.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So much waaaaaaaaiting. We finished pictures and am at the reception waiting for cocktail hour to start.

Have some pictures!

Sister's hair
0928191223a_HDR.jpg

0928191303~2.jpg

Sister and dad
Capture+_2019-09-28-17-26-41.png
0928191309a_HDR~2.jpg

Cake
0928191702.jpg

Butter
0928191714a.jpg

Room
0928191705_HDR.jpg

Cheese platter of magnificence.
0928191732.jpg

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, lari, how lovely of you to think of us while you were at sis's wedding.:hugs:
I love your hair!!! Sis's gown was gorgeous, loved the cheese plate!! Everything was so elegant and tasteful. I'll bet everyone had a wonderful night.
:dance::drinking::woo:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
How lovely your sister looked! And the room was magnificent.

BTW...you cannot take me places like that. I'd have grabbed the cheese tray, run into a corner, and growled at anyone who came near. There must be a mouse somewhere in my family tree...

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BTW...you cannot take me places like that. I'd have grabbed the cheese tray, run into a corner, and growled at anyone who came near. There must be a mouse somewhere in my family tree...
It took every ounce of self-control I have not to dig in when they brought it out before cocktail hour officially began. But as soon as a guest touched it, I totally pounced.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How lovely your sister looked! And the room was magnificent.

It took every ounce of self-control I have not to dig in when they brought it out before cocktail hour officially began. But as soon as a guest touched it, I totally pounced.
:lolup: I would have joined you both! I’m going to get a piece of cheese now.....:lol:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One month to go and I'm starting to feel really anxious about everything. Except my fiancé, who actually called me during his bachelor party weekend to check in on me. He's so sweet.

I ordered the garter, which has shipped, I'm waiting for the "guestbook" to ship, and have heard from the florist who needs details I don't have yet. People have a week and a half to respond and I'm still waiting to hear from 37 people. I found out I was supposed to contact the church music person instead of waiting for her to call me, so now I'm waiting to hear back again.

I need to buy picture frames for the old family wedding photos we're having at the reception and bug fiancé's family for photos of their family. We need to attempt to get our wedding license on Friday since the Clerk's office seems to only have bank hours and it might be the only day we can. I need gifts for my parents? And to finish buying bridesmaid gifts.

My anxiety is through the roof right now.

At least fiancé bought his ring.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Deep breaths now. You have gotten so much done already that the list doesn’t seem that long now. This is the last of what began as a huge list. Get the liscense and music lined up and the rest will come. The license is the only thing that is truly a “have to.” The rest is want to. Your guy called you from the bachelor party? Wow! Super sweet and thoughtful. Bought his ring too? All you really need is him! :)

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
One month to go and I'm starting to feel really anxious about everything. My anxiety is through the roof right now.
Someone once told me that stress for good reasons is actually positive so go with that thought and enjoy looking forward to your wondrous day. We will be celebrating right along with you. :dance: