Planning My Wedding - Lari is married!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Different post because different topic

I'm planning on buying a silicone ring or two to bring on my honeymoon (I don't trust cruise ships, and I think we might do enough active stuff and swimming to make it not worth it), and then also to use when I do things like hiking or weightlifting or whatever. And I hear they're great if and when I get pregnant because they're stretchy when your fingers swell and I don't want to have to have my real ring cut off due to swelling fingers at such point.

I love these legends from Enso: Legends Thin Silicone Ring, especially the Medusa because it's kind of our wedding color, and is just really pretty and I like the green better than the Loch Ness oddly enough. The Mermaid is also super pretty and is running a close second, but I'm telling myself I can always pick up one of those later once I'm no longer spending a ton of money on wedding stuff. But then would I want a thin or a halo Halo Legends Silicone Ring? Halo seems like the band thickness would be closer to my real rings, but the thin has the air channels and would show off the gorgeous color a bit more.

I was thinking I might also get one of the stackables so I have two rings to wear together since I'll be married. I like this one: Braided Stackable Silicone Ring Maybe in the misty gray, although with the Medusa that would be very Slytherin for my inner Ravenclaw, so idk yet.

Why is it so hard to decide???? This is probably why it's better fiancé picked out my engagement ring on his own. :p

I guess I'll just have to watch some more reviews.

Last edited:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Different post because different topic

I'm planning on buying a silicone ring or two to bring on my honeymoon (I don't trust cruise ships, and I think we might do enough active stuff and swimming to make it not worth it), and then also to use when I do things like hiking or weightlifting or whatever. And I hear they're great if and when I get pregnancy because they're stretchy when your fingers swell and I don't want to have to have my real ring cut off due to swelling fingers at such point.

I love these legends from Enso: Legends Thin Silicone Ring, especially the Medusa because it's kind of our wedding color, and is just really pretty and I like the green better than the Loch Ness oddly enough. The Mermaid is also super pretty and is running a close second, but I'm telling myself I ca always pick up one of those later once I've started But then would I want a thin or a halo Halo Legends Silicone Ring? Halo seems like the band thickness would be closer to my real rings, but the thin has the air channels and would show off the gorgeous color a bit more.

I was thinking I might also get one of the stackables so I have two rings to wear together since I'll be married. I like this one: Braided Stackable Silicone Ring Maybe in the misty gray, although with the Medusa that would be very Slytherin for my inner Ravenclaw, so idk yet.

Why is it so hard to decide???? This is probably why it's better fiancé picked out my engagement ring on his own. :p

I guess I'll just have to watch some more reviews.
This is very interesting. I have no idea rings like this existed! They look beautiful and I'm sure they will look even more so on you.

I also love the personal option of engraving them.

OH! And, they definitely give the illusion of metal when you aren't terribly close up.

I love this idea. Honestly, this whole thread has given me so much to think about if/when I do get married (still playing hide and seek LOL).

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is very interesting. I have no idea rings like this existed! They look beautiful and I'm sure they will look even more so on you.

OH! And, they definitely give the illusion of metal when you aren't terribly close up.

I love this idea. Honestly, this whole thread has given me so much to think about if/when I do get married (still playing hide and seek LOL).
You're so young though! I mean, I wish I was maybe up to five years younger so I had a few more fertile years, but I'm so glad I used my 20s to figure out who I was as a person and live my life before settling down. Now I don't feel like I'm going to miss out on anything and because I was more confident in who I am as an adult, I was able to not settle like I've seen other people do.

I have every faith that you will find your own cat loving person when the time is right!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Those are pretty! I really like the Poseidon and the Mermaid.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, wow, your first shower! The big day is getting closer, isn't it. :)

Never heard of the silicone rings, but they sound like a great idea for various situations.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I've fallen behind in this thread but caught up now. Your hair trial came out splendid and I think your updo looks picture perfect.

I really like the idea of braided stackable rings. You may even be able to find them at some of the summer art fairs in and around the city. I have seen some very similar rings there.

Thirteen weeks from yesterday. Have I mentioned I'm not ready? :running:
The time has flown by and before you know it you will have a new title, i.e. Mrs. Lari. :hearthrob:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thirteen weeks from yesterday. Have I mentioned I'm not ready? :running:
Babygirl, if we waited until we were really ready, there would be no weddings at all! Trust me on this.

Your shower looked lovely. Probably just as well I was NOT invited...I'd have grabbed the grapes and run into a corner, growling softy if anyone got too near.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was feeling a bit sad earlier because my assistant said she's not coming to my shower because it's so close to the beginning of the school year (even though it's on a three day weekend), but then my enso rings came and I felt better.
0816191718.jpg
0816191719.jpg

I can't decide which order looks better. The green one looks but doesn't feel tight and hopefully it'll stretch a bit so it doesn't look like it's choking my finger because the color is soooo pretty. I wore the twisty gray one to weightlifting tonight and I liked being able to have a ring on.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YOUR NAILS ARE BEAUTIFUL!

I personally like the first arrangement but it's up to you of course. It looks beautiful on your hand as well - whoa!
Thank you!!! My nails are fortunately very strong and one of my best features. :blush: I'm leaning towards the first as well, but I guess I can always change it up depending on my mood.

I'm wearing my green one on my right hand right now to help it hopefully loosen a bit. It feels fine and I ordered both in the same size, so I guess the different styles explains why the one looks smaller.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you!!! My nails are fortunately very strong and one of my best features. :blush: I'm leaning towards the first as well, but I guess I can always change it up depending on my mood.

I'm wearing my green one on my right hand right now to help it hopefully loosen a bit. It feels fine and I ordered both in the same size, so I guess the different styles explains why the one looks smaller.
I like both rings.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with the others! Green one on first and twisty one on top. Both are very pretty. Your nails are gorgeous and so is your hand! I think a nice wedding photo could be the ring being put on your hand. Every kitty I know would desire nails like that! Lol I love the cut of your nails too.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know. I don't normally wear nail polish, so maybe I'll just do one of those French manicures. Maybe I'll get my toenails blue if I can't find anything else for my something blue!