Planning My Wedding - Lari is married!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Our invitations came in the other day! Here's our response card and one of our extra blank envelopes since there's no identifying info on them.
Very nice. I see there's an vegan option. :thumbsup: Is that the norm now, to include something we vegetarians/vegans can eat.?

Cake tasting is on Saturday after the cat convention and before early birthday dinner with my parents.
Sounds yummy. :yummy: Happy Birthday! :party:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Our invitations came in the other day! Here's our response card and one of our extra blank envelopes since there's no identifying info on them.

View attachment 292894 View attachment 292895

Cake tasting is on Saturday after the cat convention and before early birthday dinner with my parents.

I tried on a few white dresses as ideas for bridal shower/rehearsal dinner outfits at a nearby mall, while my phone was in the shop getting a cracked screen repaired, but didn't buy anything. I'm also looking for a hairpiece to go with my veil. I'm kind of liking those hair vines, it's a matter of finding the one.

Prices are absolutely ridiculous, though I'm telling myself that wedding vendors are just trying to make an honest living, too. It was very important for me to be married in the church, though I suppose we could have still done a smaller reception. It should be fun in the end, though. After all, I'm planning on this being my only wedding.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very nice. I see there's an vegan option. :thumbsup: Is that the norm now, to include something we vegetarians/vegans can eat.?
Idk if it's the norm because I don't go to a lot of weddings, but my fiancé's sister's family is vegetarian, so we always knew we'd offer one.

My birthday isn't until Monday, but thank you both!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
0720191422.jpg

From top to bottom: red velvet, chocolate, pistachio, and hazelnut cake, and mocha, white chocolate ganache, pink champagne, and nutella icing (not pictured: vanilla buttercream that would be on the outside - these ones are all fillings).

We ended up choosing the pairs of hazelnut/nutella, and chocolate/white chocolate for our tiers.

Yummy.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hazelnut/Nutella sounds really good. Of course chocolate is chocolate, always a good choice. I have yet to understand the trend with Red Velvet cake, it's okay but nothing special about it other then the color.
Yeah, it was good but nothing super special. Fiancé didn't want vanilla and didn't like the sound of some of the others I thought sounded yummy, like banana and pumpkin spice, so it was a sort of a compromise to try.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just bought this hair vine in silver off etsy: Bridal Headband, Bridal hair vine, Gold Hair Vine, Silver hair wreath, Rose gold hair vine, Silver hair vine, Boho wedding jewelry

It was on sale and had free shipping and the seller had a ton of great reviews and I got tired of looking. I just want my hairpiece so I can do a hair trial. My veil's at the dress shop, so I don't know if I'll have to pick that up before a hair trial or not - I don't think my sister brought her veil to hers. So the hair piece and a few inspiration pictures will probably be enough.

Been slowly filling up registries, though future MIL says we don't have enough stuff on them.

Meeting with the priest tomorrow.

I really want to nail down our honeymoon, so I need to get on that.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any ideas on where you want to go?
Australia! I found a cruise that'll take us multiple places in the south, but we also want to see the Great Barrier Reef, so we'll have to tack that on somehow. It's a matter of sitting fiancé down and booking things.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Australia! I found a cruise that'll take us multiple places in the south, but we also want to see the Great Barrier Reef, so we'll have to tack that on somehow. It's a matter of sitting fiancé down and booking things.
How exciting. My parents did a lot of traveling in their golden years. They didn't go to Australia but they went to New Zealand, that was their favorite trip.