Planning My Wedding - Lari is married!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Absolutely a Princess and Prince. You are a beautiful couple and I am so glad that spot vanished so we could see. I think the glow would have shone through though. No hiding those looks! Everything about you is gorgeous. The gown is stunning but it’s you who makes the dress. I’m so happy for you. Now you have a little time to rest and recover before that exciting trip. My husband and I didn’t take a honeymoon until months later but I think that worked out well. Verrrry romantic all over again! :) Without the nerves! Lol

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So this story is mainly for rubysmama rubysmama .

My husband has enjoyed doing karaoke in the past - he's even dragged me a few times. And unbeknownst to either of us some of his friends convinced the DJ to make him sing. So they get him up there, give him a microphone, and then start playing this song:

And I thought of you.
Oh, I love it !!! I did say in the music thread that if you were lucky, maybe Jon would show up at your wedding reception. And he kinda did. :lol:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
And none of it really bothered me that much at all because I had the absolute best time and was so happy all day.
That's absolutely the best thing I've heard all day! I love that selfie you took. It's so full of atmosphere and anticipation, I think it really captures the way any bride feels just before she gets married.

Congratulations to you both.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wedding: Getting Ready

So I was up early, fed the cats, grabbed a Box o' Joe from Dunkin Donuts (which I'm still drinking now with one microwaved cup at a time because I overestimated coffee others would drink), showered, put on a facial mask for a bit and set up my spread.

1109190729_HDR.jpg

1109190801.jpg

(Yes, the ones on the right are pumpkin spice bagels. My wedding day, my call!)

My mom, sister and friend arrived (my niece was planning to come later) and we chilled while we waited for the hair stylist and make-up artist to arrive. And then it was a nice slow, relaxing morning while we got pretty. Someone even got a bit curious about our guests...

1109190810.jpg

It only started getting a bit stressful when the photographer arrived. I was still getting my own hair and make-up done, other people started arriving (photographer, dad, florist), I wasn't able to go down and let them in and I was worried I wouldn't be ready on time. The photographer was grabbing portraits and wanted to get me putting on garter and stuff, but I was worried we wouldn't get the most important pictures. So we skipped that, and I went on a merry chase throughout the apartment and ended up with a few scratches from a scared little girl who wanted to get away. But my mom got this!

73460567_10212587471800834_6113029993233645568_o.jpg

And I'm sure the official pictures are going to be even better, even if they're full of stink-eye.

I rushed to get lint-rolled and finished, with a touch-up on the nails that were already chipping (not impressed) and we grabbed the veil and bouquet and headed to my parents' van to head to the church, and I waited in the bride room while trying to get my dad and husband to switch boutonnieres because I'd ordered a special one with two flowers for my husband and since it came in a different box my dad was convinced it was his? And I chatted with my bridesmaids as they came in and out and just stuck in my own veil while I waited to be told to line up.

I think that's all for today. I thought I'd have more to say about this, but I'm still a bit tired and I made myself go to the gym and grocery store today. I'll do another recap tomorrow or something.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Love the pic your mom got of you with the kitties. 😻 Sometimes the best ones are candid and not posed. Did your dad end up keeping the boutonniere intended for your husband or did they switch? We'll look forward to your recap tomorrow or whenever you get a chance. Until then, have a wonderful week as Mr. & Mrs. 👰🤵

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Great pics!! What is stink-eye? Love the one of you and kitties!
I'm guessing she's referring to her cats giving the stink eye, as in not pleased with having to pose for pictures. This meme might explain it better.
1573557881609.png

Lovely recap so far, Mrs. Lari. So you back at work already? Or did you take a couple days off?

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was indeed referring to Lelia's glare face!

I went back yesterday and I regret it, because yesterday it snowed and today we have January temperatures, and who wants to go out in that?

Ah well, what's done is done.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a great picture of you and your cats.

I do the same thing when I am getting things like food and coffee for people. I want to make sure I have enough. I don't want someone to want another cup of coffee and they don't get it because they think there may not be enough for everyone.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It all sounded wonderful. Very calm for the majority. Lelia! :lol: Beautiful picture with Mom! Thank you for being brave! I actually look forward to any stink eye pics.. They show purrsonality! My Muffin is famous for giving stink eyes.They have their own opinions.
Very glad that all went so well. Not getting nervous until the photographer and all the commotion began all at once is great. I would have started out as jello. I think it really reflects your purrsonality to stop in the middle of all that to include Lelia. That’s beautiful that she got to be included. :redheartpump::happycat:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wedding recap: church ceremony

I saw a video of me walking down the aisle today. I had such a big smile on my face. And then I asked her to send it to me and apparently the iphone to android text messaging messed it up and it's all blurry.

The ceremony was like a dream. I had to look at everything before I looked at my husband standing at the end of the aisle for me. They had chairs a bit off to one side for us during the readings and I just held his hand as our readers did their jobs, with the hiccup of us getting the wrong Gospel because the church coordinator hadn't left the full reading I'd wanted. It was nice having a priest from a church I'd been attending and who knew me enough to personalize our homily a bit.

For the vows, the priest said our first and middle names for us to repeat because they were on our marriage license and my husband added his last name, so I did, too. It was a moment of surrealism standing there and repeating the vows. I think I felt more emotional when I put the ring on his finger. It was like I was living in this dream of something I'd wanted so long and it was happening and it was going to be over. The Marian devotion felt a bit long, probably because we didn't have to travel too far to the statue of Mary, but since we did the ceremony and not the full Mass I was glad to have something very Catholic in there.

And then whoops, we got introduced as Mr and Mrs Hislastname.

We rushed outside for bubbles (leftover from my sister's wedding), with the priest going out first to introduce us correctly (ah well, I'm signing up for a lifetime of that mistake) and then went in for pictures. I love my photographers, guys. I haven't seen any pictures yet, but the main one did an amazing job for the engagement photoshoot, and they were so good with everyone and working together to get the best shots in the church and I honestly am so excited to see what they come up with!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can picture it all.......:loveeyes: Beautiful! I think we all kind of imagined it but hearing how it all progressed makes it almost feel like I was there. I hope you’ll be able to get the iPhone video clearly somehow. I am sure you were smiling! That day came after so many months of dreams, work and planning, it must have been wonderful to have it finally before you. You should write it down or print out what you write here to save. Later on it will be nice to re read your thoughts about the day.
BTW I laughed when you said you let yourself in for a lifetime of Hislastname. Yep. Not such a bad thing though. The people who matter will know anyway.
Bubbles? I love bubbles. That made me remember a song from my childhood. I guess that needs to go on the favorite song thread! Before the wedding I wondered if you’d even be able to eat after all the excitement. Very glad you got through it all with such joy.

Waiting for the photos must be exciting! :camera:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sometimes, I get it right. I saw Mary in your marriage ceremony, and I'm not even Catholic!

And then whoops, we got introduced as Mr and Mrs Hislastname.
To quote a very famous and wise man, "What's in a name? A rose by any other name would smell as sweet." May the whole of your years together be as perfumed as heirloom roses!