Planning My Wedding - Lari is married!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Really stressful! Not with the marriage part (though trying to navigate me getting on his insurance is confusing), but it's been report card time and work stuff has been a headache. I'll recap more wedding stuff once I have a bit less on my mind.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We booked all our shore excursions! It was actually fairly easy to compromise on which ones we wanted and it leaves me more excited for the honeymoon! We've been married two weeks now and I still absolutely love getting married and still get excited referring to "my husband".

Wedding recap: The Gap

So we all made our way over to the hotel because we decided we weren't going to go far for pictures because it was nippy and I didn't want to pay for any permits anywhere and we could take some outdoor photos in the nearby park and still have the hotel as a warming zone. We were able to check into our room and I waited around while my husband brought out overnight bags upstairs. Then the photographers wanted to go to the park, so after gathering up missing wedding party members from around, we trudged over there. By then, I had started feeling it in my feet and was having trouble standing on my toes so my heels kept sinking into the ground. We took some pictures and then the bridal party got to leave and we took some pictures in front of this house in the park where we'd taken a few engagement photos. They were having a craft fair there that day and they were leaving as we were taking pictures and one of the vendors stops to give us this cute handmade "Our first Christmas" ornament which was really sweet. My husband offered to go to our nearby apartment and pick me up my sandals, which was good because I got stuck in the mud leaving the park and the photographers had to help save me. Some family and friends were already in the lounge area when we got back, even though it wasn't quite time for cocktail hour yet, so I kicked off my shoes and chilled while I waited for my shoes. Of which he brought me like three different pairs.

I think it was before cocktail hour as opposed to during it, because we went up to the hotel room to drop off all the extra shoes and found there was a bottle of champagne and a card from the hotel staff, so we were just able to sit on the couch a few minutes, have a private toast and enjoy each other's company before going back and joining everyone.

And I'll try to recap the rest tomorrow!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Getting bogged down in your shoes and mud would normally be yucky but being rescued by the photographers just add to the romantic part of the story! Hubby bringing back three pairs of shoes?!?!? :lol: Okay! Love him! He covered all the bases! It all sounds like any little bumps just made everything even better. It was such a special time. Even a happy discovery of Champagne at just the right moment. +++++++++ The gift of a Christmas ornament was super sweet. Just think, the timing with every little detail has been purrfect.:)
You planned the excursions? Oh boy! The excitement! This story isn’t even half way through yet. I’m so glad you didn’t stop writing!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
They were having a craft fair there that day and they were leaving as we were taking pictures and one of the vendors stops to give us this cute handmade "Our first Christmas" ornament which was really sweet.
The unexpected events are always the most memorable. I'm sure you will treasure that ornament and place it on your tree year after year. 🎄

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Getting bogged down in your shoes and mud would normally be yucky but being rescued by the photographers just add to the romantic part of the story! Hubby bringing back three pairs of shoes?!?!? :lol: Okay! Love him! He covered all the bases!
The sad part of that was I was trying to stay on the flagstone path and missed, so the heel was wedged in between the stone and the dirt and one photographer had to help me stand up while the other rescued the shoe.

The unexpected events are always the most memorable. I'm sure you will treasure that ornament and place it on your tree year after year. 🎄
In "what a small world" news, when I mentioned the craft fair there, my brother pulls out his phone because someone he went to high school with was a vendor there, and I hadn't paid super attention to faces, but she might have been the one to give us the ornament.

I like this romantic part of course. 👩‍❤️‍👨
It was really nice. I kept hearing how the day goes so fast and you need to slow down and take a moment, so I'm really glad we did.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you cook, or go to a relatives?
No cooking this year! We went to my parents' house on Thanksgiving day and brought a premade apple pie I got from school, and then went to the in-laws for the weekend because my husband wanted to see his grandpa who's not doing very well right now before we left on our honeymoon. We were able to show him some of our photos and the videos my dad took of our vows and first dance which was nice.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One year ago today, my life changed

I saved the link for posterity, but I still remember it pretty well. Coming home from my tap dance class to my then bf suggesting we go out for lunch at the restaurant where we had our first date. Me getting ready to get in his car when he suggested that it was warm enough to walk. Me looking at the sky and the on and off rain and thinking I'd have grabbed my umbrella if I'd known he wanted to walk. Him suggesting we walk through the park where we later took engagement and wedding photos while I'm worrying what would happen if it started raining while we were eating lunch and having to walk back home. Him stopping me under the tracks were all the locks were and telling me he was thinking about us getting a lock and what did I think about that. Me being distracted but saying that yeah, that sounded good and I'd like that and him saying something like "how about one like this?" and pointing out the one that he'd had engraved with the words "Lari, will you marry me?" Me started to freak out and going "ohmygodohmygodohmygod" and him saying "Let me get down on one knee." And then protesting that the ground was wet and him pulling out a kitchen towel from his coat so that he could kneel and propose properly. And then us going for lunch with our adrenaline running and hardly breathing.

It was better than anything I ever could have imagined. I'd always liked the locks and saying I wanted one when getting engaged, but had no idea how that would work. Maybe him proposing and then going "Oh by the way, here's a lock" or "let's go pick out a lock now." But I also love that while we had a proposal with just the two of us, it was in a public place and I was able to show my parents where it happened - that someday I can show my future children where it happened, whereas if it had happened in our apartment once we moved out we'd never be able to go there again.

Ad then we went to see Book of Mormon that night and stopped at the Christkindlmarket for pretzels and gluhwine and it was cold and I had to wear gloves and I just wanted to stare at my hand and everything was just so amazing.

And now he's my husband and we'll be on route to our honeymoon in three weeks and ten years ago I never could have imagined I would have all this. I feel like the luckiest woman ever sometimes.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was lucky enough to be on the thread during the time you got the lock and ring. I remember the day very well!! You’ll also be able to tell future generations about having so many people share in everything from the engagement day all the way through the wedding. I can’t speak for everyone else but I have felt that you generously included us in your happy days. We were some of the first to see the ring and lock as well as shopping for everything from shoes to “the dress!” It’s been an exciting and joyful journey for me. I thank you for sharing it all. :redheartpump: My days of personal experiences like this are long past.;)
Being allowed an inside view to yours has been heartwarming for me. Romance lives!!