PITTIES AND THEIR KITTIES

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
What a wonderful thread! Some of these pictures would have been perfect for the cat hugs contest. I will be featuring this thread on our main page and on our Facebook page - thank you everyone!

momto2kitties

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Awwwwww.  I am so so jealous.  Those pix are wonderful!!!  Wish my poodles would cuddle with my kitties.  Maybe because they came years after the cats and the cats were adults already?  They just want to chase them, woohoo.  

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was just going by what I was told. I think now they were just trying to get a rise out of me.  Also, thanks to whoever cleaned up my post.  I apologise for using even partial bad words.

speakhandsforme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was just asking because some dogs don't have to be taught..some dogs see cats as prey.
Yep, this is true for any breed, including pit bulls.

BUT it's also true that with the right kind of firm training, almost any dog can be taught to respect cats as part of their household, including pit bulls :)

coloradokitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My pit bull-type dog Mayzie was thoroughly in LOVE with our cat Ripley (RIP) and he with her.

And while it's not quite the love affair she had with Ripley, Mayzie's hit it off quite well with our new kitty Smudge, too!

Thanks for letting me share my sweet girl! 

crickets mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Colorado Kitty--Thank you for sharing that.  The pictures, and the video were heart warming.  I love the video. Mayzies like "let me show you how to lick my ear.  Yeah, right there!  No No, my ear. Thanks Ripley!"  Ripley looks like he was an awsome kitty.  The pic in front of the window it looks like they are almost the same size! What a sweet dog your Mayzie is too!

coloradokitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cricket's mom - Ripley was a BIG kitty with an equally BIG personality. (He weighed 16 pounds and Mayzie weighs around 40.) We were so worried because Mayzie had never been around cats before we adopted her and Ripley had already shown us that he didn't have a high opinion of dogs (he really didn't like our rat terrier, Ranger at ALL).  But you can see how it turned out. I guess it's like people - there are just some in the world that you don't like and some who become your best friends.

I LOVE your pictures, too. So, so sweet. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

clynn11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Love all of these pictures of our sweet pitbulls and their little furry playmates! Makes me so happy!

revenwyn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It is so nice to see the pitties and kitties together.  Unfortunately, the people that I share property lines with on both sides taught their dogs to kill cats.   My across the road neighbor has pitties and kitties, though.   The queen of his house is a 14 year old brown and white tabby.
Of course... Arkansas. We know how it is. *rolls eyes*

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

clynn11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Love the new pictures!!! Here's some new ones of Dilly and his babies. hehehe, I always catch him loving on them and laying with them.

Hahaha in this one he was a little upset because all of the kittens were taking up his spot on the couch:

And here's my happy boy!!! He loves laying with his furbabies.

goingpostal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Cute, I don't think I have any pics of my kitty around my 3 pit bulls, she hates them and steers clear lol.  My male especially loves cats, he's made friends with a couple strays on walks. 

kittenmom84

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
LOVE THIS!  I work in animal rescue & we constantly struggle with the public's view of Pit Bulls.  I have a pit mix myself, as well as a yorkie mix & a kitten!  They all get along beautifully.  I've had my pit mix, Trinity, for 11 years...and she is truly perfection.