Pitter The Emotional Support Cat Urgently Needs Vet Care!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Last edited by a moderator:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
MOD NOTE:

To all members, a reminder that it is your responsibility to check out these solicitations to the best of your ability. Thecatsite.com does not stand behind any solicitation of funds for any reasons that appear in the forums unless explicitly authorized.

Please note that this is a generic note added after all pleas for money

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:alright: I am terribly sorry that Pitter is not feeling well. It's a good thing that you found him a good vet. Perhaps you can ask your vet about using some herbal support such as German chamomile, red raspberry leaf, slippery elm bark, marshmallow root (from the Marsh-mallow, as in a swampy marsh mallow versus a highland mallow) and basil; he might get some tummy/gut relief.
A new member (I cannot remember who) told us about waggle.org which offers an alternative to GoFundMe and similar crowdfunding. You could check it out:
Pet Funding That Helps With Vet Bills | Animal Welfare Organization

Also, if it's possible, adding an alternative such as PayPal or ChaseQuickpay or Zelle might be more effective. GoFundMe charges the donor a 3% tip so if a person's budget is $20, they have to pay $3 and the recipient gets only $17, plus the GFM funds can take a few days if not longer. Many of our cases are true emergencies, especially during natural disasters, so experience has taught me to donate through the alternatives that I mentioned. Just the other night, a member found a lost stray trying to join her feral colony and it was 20 minutes before WalMart closed; I was able to PayPal her the funds for emergency supplies including Pedialyte, KMR and canned food (avoiding Refeeding Syndrome - cat was emaciated) so while she was driving, the funds were immediately available to help.
Prayers and vibes coming your way for Pitter's speedy recovery and for well wishes for you :vibes::vibes::vibes::heartshape::grouphug2::hugs:

P+P's Meom

What if I don't want to stay calm?
Adult Cat
Purraise
Pitter has been sick + in pain since March of this year

He is always uncomfortable and very frequently in pain. He no longer likes tummy rubs and snuggling because the pressure on his abdomen hurts. It hurts to jump down, even from the couch. He doesn't climb his cat tree any more. He's started walking very stiff-legged.

We fired the 2 vets who had taken care of Pitter and his sister. Patter, for the five years of their lives.

The third vet did x-rays. Pitter has a large, golf-ball-sized mass in his abdomen. While I wish it was something simple {like gas!} at least now we know what's going on. Sort of.

The next step is a specialty clinic for ultrasounds and a biopsy to find out what it's a mass OF. There are so many possible answers to that, some good, some not-so good, that right now, it makes no sense to guess and/or worry about what it could be, or what treatment Pitter will need.

I'm asking for help to pay the for the rest of the tests Pitter needs. The ultrasounds alone will run about $400. I plan on talking with the specialty clinic after this weekend to get a better idea of the probable cost of the biopsy.

MORE :

Pitter is my Emotional Support Animal. I honestly do not know how I'd have gotten thru these past few years without him. He IS the reason I get out of bed. He gives me a reason to keep fighting to control my own medical issues. It's breaking my heart to see my once bouncy, happy, snuggle-bug Pitter like this. He and his sister, Patter, are the only family I have left.

I am 60+ years old and on disability. The past five months have eaten thru the small savings account I did have and it's beyond the “extra” $150 a month that's left after living expenses are paid.

I don't qualify for a loan, or for something like “CareCredit.” I have no family to ask for help, tho I did plead with my ex-in-laws for a loan. {Ha!}

While there are many organizations that offer assistance with veterinary costs, there are none who will help pay for diagnostic tests.

I DO have multiple fundraisers going to try and reach as many people as possible.
Besides this one on GoFundMe:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/Help-Save-Pitter

I have one on Facebook:

www.facebook.com/donate/519222632161043/

If you can, please share one {or both.}
Thank you for reading and for considering helping us!
Every little bit will help.

:lovecat4:
Bon, Pitter and Patter

Last edited by a moderator:

P+P's Meom

Adult Cat
Purraise
... Iowa State University in Ames has a veterinary medical center which may be able to help you - it's worth a try. Here's the link: Welcome | Iowa State University
Iowa's veterinary school is always on the list!
I live in Iowa's other university town {GO HAWKS!} if need be, ISU is doable.

They don't do diagnostic tests unless you're a patient of their hospital.
Not sure about treatment, cuz we're not there yet and all my energy is on diagnostics right now.

yet another case of
Great Minds . . . :thumbsup:

P+P's Meom

Adult Cat
Purraise
I've been trying to get Pitter interested in playing for a little bit every day.
This has been a challenge cuz he's never big on the whole “playing thing.”
But I wanted to get some kitty-endorphines going, and hopefully improve his mood just a little. Playing like a kitten is not only helping him, it's helping me as well. :cool2:

and yes, he wore his furry li'l self clear out!

:zzzcat:
https://thecatsite.com/media/albums/pitter-playing-2019-09-08.331981/

P+P's Meom

Adult Cat
Purraise
UPDATE: Sept. 18, 2019

PITTER _ IS _ REALLY _ IN _ TROUBLE.

THERE_IS_A_VERY_REAL_CHANCE_OF_LOSING_HIM
and the thought is utterly destroying me. He's only five years old.

He's been sick and hurting since March and no one could figure out why. Thanks to the money raised in his fundraisers so far, I could pay for more tests, including a series of x-rays, on Sept. 5th. {THANK YOU!!}

AS_OF_THIS_EVENING,_HE_IS_ON_OPIOIDS_FOR_PAIN.

The x-rays show that he has a large mass in his abdomen.
He needs these tests YESTERDAY so we can start treatment _NOW._

YES, _ IT _ IS _ THAT _ BAD.

This is NOT something that can wait – or be put off until more convenient.

Please forgive my constant begging, but I NEED to raise more money so he can have ultrasounds and a biopsy, so we can figure out how to make the damn mass go away.

I'm asking {again,} that you donate if you can, and PLEASE SHARE his fundraisers - AGAIN. Besides the GoFundMe, there is also a FB-specific one to share if you're a FB'er.
{The GFM one isn't getting as much attention.}

Thank you more than WE can say!
❣ :heartshape: ❣

Bon, Pitter + Patter
:geekcat: :sickcat: :devilcat:

PLEASE, PLEASE, by all that's unholy, DO NOT SEND ME ANY MORE LINKS. I promise you, I've already been to them. There are a ton of organizations that offer financial help. BUT, ONLY AFTER HE HAS A DEFINITIVE DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT PLAN.

{remove space before "com"
GoFundMe -

https://www.gofundme. com/f/Help-Save-Pitter

FB specific -
https://www.facebook. com/donate/519222632161043/

Last edited:

P+P's Meom

Adult Cat
Purraise
UPDATE: Sept. 20, 2019
Pitter's got a bad reputation . . . :redtongue:
. . . just cuz he's been known to try to eat his vet's face!

{hey, the little dude's scared!}

bit of an over-reaction on their part, if ya ask me!

{but no one ever does!}

Last edited:

P+P's Meom

Adult Cat
Purraise
Details later. Just want y'all to know that with your help {and an angel donor,} Pitter got to have his ultrasounds today! :celebrate:

{pancreatitis!}

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
UPDATE: Sept. 20, 2019
Pitter's got a bad reputation . . . :redtongue:
. . . just cuz he's been known to try to eat his vet's face!

{hey, the little dude's scared!}

bit of an over-reaction on their part, if ya ask me!

{but no one ever does!}
LOL, I saw that on your GFM page, and had to laugh! I think it was three years back now when I took Hekitty in for her annual vet visit...I walked in, cat in carrier, and told them who we were. The little receptionist called out, "Hekitty's here for her appointment!" and a tiny voice from the back called in response,

"OH GOD!"

It takes a team of four techs to clip her claws. I don't attempt it. The last time I did, I had three stiches from a deep scratch. She wasn't trying to hurt me, she was just determined to get away.

I wish I could blame it on her being scared, but she's just "one of those cats." I'm not sure if I adore her so despite it, or because of it...