Pioneer Stainless Raindrop Vs Big Max

Meowria

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, I'm trying to decide between the two. It seems like the raindrop might more efficiently clean the water due to the smaller size and I think they both use the same pump so might flow faster. Also the big max has the filter before the pump meaning that the water isn't forced through the fliter, just passively flows through on its way into the pump. Does the raindrop force water through the filter after the pump or is the same? I like the size of the big max as the dog could use it too, but its not necessary as its really for the cat.. thoughts? my main concern with any fountain is ease of cleaning.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hello, I'm trying to decide between the two. It seems like the raindrop might more efficiently clean the water due to the smaller size and I think they both use the same pump so might flow faster. Also the big max has the filter before the pump meaning that the water isn't forced through the fliter, just passively flows through on its way into the pump. Does the raindrop force water through the filter after the pump or is the same? I like the size of the big max as the dog could use it too, but its not necessary as its really for the cat.. thoughts? my main concern with any fountain is ease of cleaning.
Hi! I have the stainless Big Max and the Raindrop in black ceramic/ The "clamshell" that holds the motor and filter are exactly the same. The only difference between the two is size and shape. I prefer the Big Max because it holds more. They do use the same pump and filters.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never had a Big Max fountain. I have two Raindrop fountains. One is ceramic and one is stainless. Both are easy to clean. The ceramic one is definitely easier to clean than the stainless steal one. I had a plastic fountain before getting the rain drop fountains years ago. The ceramic one is the newer of the two. I also have a rock fountain my cats love to drink out of in my living room. All three fountains are cleaned regularly. The rock fountain requires the most cleaning since it is not an actual cat fountain.

sargon

High Priest of Freya, The Slightly Bitey.
Super Cat
Purraise
I suppose that the smaller fountain is maybe a tiny bit better, since the pump/filter is the same size, but as others have said, the clamshell filter design is the same for both.

My cat uses both but seems to prefer the big max

I use the dishwsher on them both, so cleaning is easy.