Pink dot on cat neuter site??

ayla333

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all! :)
I just got Bowtie neutered yesterday and everything went well. He’s been having trouble eating & drinking properly with the e collar on so I’ve taken it off twice for a a couple minutes just so he can eat peacefully, while closely monitoring him. He’s managed to lick his wound only a couple of times when I couldn’t get his ecollar back on in time. Needless to say I haven’t taken it off since then.

This morning I took a look at his incision site and noticed this small pink spot. His incision site doesn’t appear to be open, but I’m concerned about the small pink spot being normal? It doesn’t look like dried blood, I’m not sure if I should be concerned?
D65A69BE-010F-4680-B598-097BA62FE2D6.jpg
CCF44A91-2E6B-4F5E-90B7-8065DE484843.jpg
2A9271F6-83B6-4C10-B9F8-6503EF3ED412.jpg

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't tell about the "pink dot." Keep an eye on it. If it starts to show signs of infection, or other problems, do call the vet tout de suite.

About the collar... If your cat isn't bothering his incision site, you don't have to keep it on, full time.

The last time our cat, Casper, had a problem when he needed to wear a "cone of shame" he didn't like it so much that he kept pulling it off. We called our vet and asked about it. She said that Casper didn't have to wear it unless he was licking his wound too much.

Basically, if he's not bothering the area and you don't think he needs to wear the cone, you don't have to make him wear it.

After the first day or so, you can be the judge.