Pink bald spot on my cat?

renfung

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, everyone. We just noticed that our cat has rash/injury area below. What does this look like? Is this an injury? Parasites?

Other information: we have 3 cats in the house, and only one has this rash. The cats do get into fights once in a while.

Thank you very much for responses.

Bailey2.jpg
Bailey1.jpg

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
There are a lot of different possible causes for fur loss like this. You can read about some of them here: Skin Conditions In Cats – TheCatSite Articles

I don’t think it’s an injury, because I think that you would have noticed scabbing at some point, but I could be wrong. But as you can see from the article, there are a lot of different possibilities, so I think a vet visit is definitely in order.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I agree with abyeb abyeb that there are any number of possible causes. From the pic it looks like it's inflamed. Is your cat showing any signs of discomfort or licking that area? Does your cat go outside? If so, it could have been caused by something there. Can you send the two pics to your vet and ask if they feel the cat needs to be examined?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

renfung

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The cat is acting normal and does not seem uncomfortable. He is grooming himself and pays no attention to the affected area. He is an indoor cat, but I suppose it is possible that a human could have brought in some kind of irritant. Thanks for the helpful responses. We will see a vet if the problem continues.