Pills and cats

Natalusky29

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi,tomorrow I’m going to give medicine (pills/tablets) to my “untouchable” cat and I don’t know how to handle this issue bc I have to give her the pills for a long period of time bc she has epilepsy.
Is there anything for “hiding” the pills or something that makes this way easier?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Try one of these pilling tips:

Pilling Cats: Must-know Tips For Hiding Pills – TheCatSite Articles
The Best Pill-taking Secret I Know...
Pilling Cats and Dogs Safely
How We Give Our Pill Hating Cat A Pill
Getting Cat To Take Pills... Post Tips Here.

If the medicine is needed long term, ask the vet if the medicine can be compounded into another form such as a flavored chew treat or a transdermal gel applied to the inside of the ear. A compounding pharmacy can do this with a prescription from the vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Natalusky29

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Try one of these pilling tips:

Pilling Cats: Must-know Tips For Hiding Pills – TheCatSite Articles
The Best Pill-taking Secret I Know...
Pilling Cats and Dogs Safely
How We Give Our Pill Hating Cat A Pill
Getting Cat To Take Pills... Post Tips Here.

If the medicine is needed long term, ask the vet if the medicine can be compounded into another form such as a flavored chew treat or a transdermal gel applied to the inside of the ear. A compounding pharmacy can do this with a prescription from the vet.
Thank you so much!🧡

flcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have one untouchable cat, luckily she likes those pill pocket cat treats.

ObeseChess

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It really depends on the medication. When I still needed to do it (when she was semi-feral) I couldn't get de-wormer into Sassy via pill pocket because even the smallest pill was the size of a dime and she's tiny - I had to grind it up and sneak it into something stinky like the juice from a can of tuna and hope for the best. However, she now takes blood pressure medication, 1/4 of a 2.5mg tablet per day, and she almost inhales the pill pockets. If it's a small pill, which most medications for a cat likely are, the Greenies pill pockets are a godsend.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Natalusky29

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It really depends on the medication. When I still needed to do it (when she was semi-feral) I couldn't get de-wormer into Sassy via pill pocket because even the smallest pill was the size of a dime and she's tiny - I had to grind it up and sneak it into something stinky like the juice from a can of tuna and hope for the best. However, she now takes blood pressure medication, 1/4 of a 2.5mg tablet per day, and she almost inhales the pill pockets. If it's a small pill, which most medications for a cat likely are, the Greenies pill pockets are a godsend.
Hi,you’re right :) I’ve just gave my cat her medication (it’s a tiny pill smashed in 4 pieces so I have to give her 1 piece per day) and she didn’t even noticed! It’s way too easy