Pillow Foot Disease

Newton09

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I believe my kitty has pillow foot disease. Have taken her to 2 vets and they don't seem to know much about it. Both gave her an antibotic and steroids. I really prefer holistic medicine if possible. Has anyone had any experience with this disease and the best form of treatment?

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, I'm also interested in if she's FIV or FeLV positive, because these surpress the immune system, making a cat more susceptible to infections, like pillow foot (called feline plasma cell pododermatitis, if you want to be technical). The calicivirus is another potential cause. Has your kitty received her FVRCP?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Newton09

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Tested negative..has had fvrcp

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Does she go outdoors? Or do you think she could be allergic to her litter?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Newton09

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Inside cat only... I have already tried different litter and didn't make any difference..thx

valentine319

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What does the cat eat? If a biopsy has been done and is confirmed you're looking at an immune system reaction. Allergens would be something to look at. What do you clean with (think of anything the cat walks on)? Pinesol is bad for paws, many of us clean with vinegar mixed with peroxide (safe but caustic if you don't rinse and dry) and look at anything wet the cat walks across.

If you're using natural cleaners are there essential oils in them. Tea tree oil can even eat our skin. It can be a combination. I feel you need to look at vet medications to get it under control and then work on what could be causing higher immune system response.

Can you post a photo? Have they indicated how severe it is?