pill for female cat.

ladro

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
does anyone no where i can get the pill for female cat,ps am abreeder there is nothing in nz rung lots of vets to no avail,please dont say get fixed my boys and girls are in house ,i do NOT want them outside in cage breeding for 12years

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't think there was non-surgical contraception for cats. But Google proved me wrong.
Non-surgical Contraception – A Potential Lifesaver During COVID-19

I don't know if this is available in NZ though. But I would assume same would apply. You would need a prescription from a vet. Then you would send that to a compounding pharmacy to get it in a formulation your cat will take once a week like a flavored liquid added to her food.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Most breeders house male and female cats separately during their breeding years. How many years do you use each queen and stud?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ladro

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Most breeders house male and female cats separately during their breeding years. How many years do you use each queen and stud?
i have 2 boys 2 girls one girl crys 247 the boys are father and son hate each other now,i give them turns 1 in house one outside for 2 nights some times there both in but in different rooms,1 girl last up to 2 weeks crying

ladro

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I didn't think there was non-surgical contraception for cats. But Google proved me wrong.
Non-surgical Contraception – A Potential Lifesaver During COVID-19

I don't know if this is available in NZ though. But I would assume same would apply. You would need a prescription from a vet. Then you would send that to a compounding pharmacy to get it in a formulation your cat will take once a week like a flavored liquid added to her food.
thankyou for that i really appreciate your help ,ive tried changing words to get something but this is really good

ladro

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
about 4years
do keep them inhouse while there with me ,thats how i like it there not just for breeding there family as well,when my girl is on heat boy leave spray of cause ,thats one of the reasons i want to do something i feel like ,lady the cleaning sady old song lol

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When you say "outdoors", do you have a pen outside or do you let them run loose?

I think usually breeders use an injection for non-surgical birth control, not a pill. But a vet has to give that.

Do you have a breeding mentor?

ladro

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When you say "outdoors", do you have a pen outside or do you let them run loose?

I think usually breeders use an injection for non-surgical birth control, not a pill. But a vet has to give that.

Do you have a breeding mentor?
NO I HAVE 2 SEPERATES CAT HOUSES OUT BACK THERES GRASS ETC BUT I DONT LET THEM LIVE THERE 247,IAM ABREEDER BUT ALITTLE DIFFERENT THATS ALL ,THEY ARE FAMILY TO ME HOW DO I PUT IT I LOVE THEM THEY TRUST ME THERE NOT JUST FOR BREEDING AND THATS WHY THERE INHOUSE

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, yeah, good breeders do not keep their cats caged much.

What breed are they?

What did you ask the vets when you called? Use of Ovarid seems to be fairly common in Europe and Australia so I'm kind of surprised that NZ vets haven't heard of it.