Pigeon badly injured

KittyCatCove

Daddy of 4
Adult Cat
Purraise
I feed the birds every morning. Today I saw a pigeon who was not flocking with the others. While he was walking on the ground I noticed he had the feathers and skin on the back of his head neck ripped off. The back of his skull is exposed. What an upsetting sight! I threw extra birdseed out right next to him and he is eating it. I can tell he's in a lot of pain. Probably got attacked by a hawk and lived to tell about it. Nature can be a cruel thing.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That is horrible! Did you call anyone to possibly come pick up the poor thing? There are wildlife rescue groups, as well state/regional wildlife conservation organization groups that can help. Perhaps a call to the SCPA to ask for contact numbers to such groups. If nothing else, one of them can put this poor bird out of its misery.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KittyCatCove

Daddy of 4
Adult Cat
Purraise
I did call a local pigeon rescue and left a message, but no one ever got back to me. I was about to try and capture him, but one of the stray cats I feed ran up and scared him... he flew away and haven't seen him since. Hopefully he'll show up again tomorrow. I was also thinking he may have caught in an air conditioner fan. I feel so bad for that poor bird!