Pictures Of You And Your Cat(s)

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 217653
Nothing more peaceful than a cat tail repeatedly whacking you in the face. I swear this cat is a sadist, he was purring the whole time!
View attachment 217652
Teaching finger tracking-he’s rewarded when he presses his nose to my finger.
Those tail can really give a smack! What's finger tracking for?

vynm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Those tail can really give a smack! What's finger tracking for?
Finger tracking comes in handy for plenty of stuff! Like leading a cat directly to your lap for cuddling :thumbsup:
Also it means I can teach slightly more inane tricks, like jumping over my leg if I stick it out.
It does have practical purpose though! Helps with leading him into his carrier, out of the pantry, and to the top of the cat tree he would otherwise ignore.

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Finger tracking comes in handy for plenty of stuff! Like leading a cat directly to your lap for cuddling :thumbsup:
Also it means I can teach slightly more inane tricks, like jumping over my leg if I stick it out.
It does have practical purpose though! Helps with leading him into his carrier, out of the pantry, and to the top of the cat tree he would otherwise ignore.
Sounds great, really good for bonding and excellent mental stimulation. How to get started?

vynm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sounds great, really good for bonding and excellent mental stimulation. How to get started?
It's actually probably one of the easiest things to clicker train! If you put your finger a couple of inches in front of your cat's nose, they'll naturally sniff it. So then just *click* and treat. We did that a couple of times then moved the finger further away until he had to walk to touch it. Then moved it until he had to jump onto a chair to get to my finger, then moved it so he had to climb. You can associate an audio cue with it too by saying the phrase when he touches, but I just use his name to get his attention at first.

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
It's actually probably one of the easiest things to clicker train! If you put your finger a couple of inches in front of your cat's nose, they'll naturally sniff it. So then just *click* and treat. We did that a couple of times then moved the finger further away until he had to walk to touch it. Then moved it until he had to jump onto a chair to get to my finger, then moved it so he had to climb. You can associate an audio cue with it too by saying the phrase when he touches, but I just use his name to get his attention at first.
Sounds fun. We will definitely give it a try. Gypsy is very intelligent and she will do anything for treats.