pictures of Cats enjoying their cat trees

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Does anyone have recomendations for a really sturdy tree for a 16 pound cat? He won't use anything that wobbles even the slightest bit.
@Maddies Momma

We got our tree from Kitty Mansions (kittymansions.com) the model we have is called the Mount Hood.

One of my cats is 17lbs and the tree wobbles a tiny bit when he jumps on it but I think that's because we have it set up in a room that has really plush carpet. I am 100% sure it would not wobble if set up on hardwood or tile. It also has a ceiling stabilizer that should keep it from wobbling (we don't use ours because it is plenty stable without it, plus even with a stepstool I am unable to adjust it so it goes all the way up to the ceiling lol). The posts are 5 inches thick and very sturdy. The platforms are an inch thick and also very strong. The baskets are 15 inches wide and they have STRONG metal rings (most of the "baskets" on other cat trees are tiny and flimsy and would not last 5 seconds if my boy tried to sit in them lol) and my boy fits in them very easily.

There is one downside to this tree and that is that it is not staggered very well and it kinda needs to be near something the cat can jump off of to get onto the tree. We use the small cat tree (not pictured) that we bought a long time ago when we just had one cat haha.

Tesla (the black and white one) is the 17 pound cat. He's in the basket in this picture. Notice how the basket is staying completely horizontal and not bending down at all! And he fits comfortably!

He had just "shook out" or "fluffed out" his fur in this picture but it makes him look so much bigger than he actually is! He looks like he swallowed a bowling ball!

Kiwi chilling in the little house. [emoji]128571[/emoji]
And some more of Tesla on the tree. [emoji]128571[/emoji][emoji]128573[/emoji][emoji]128571[/emoji]

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
@Maddies Momma

We got our tree from Kitty Mansions (kittymansions.com) the model we have is called the Mount Hood.

One of my cats is 17lbs and the tree wobbles a tiny bit when he jumps on it but I think that's because we have it set up in a room that has really plush carpet. I am 100% sure it would not wobble if set up on hardwood or tile. It also has a ceiling stabilizer that should keep it from wobbling (we don't use ours because it is plenty stable without it, plus even with a stepstool I am unable to adjust it so it goes all the way up to the ceiling lol). The posts are 5 inches thick and very sturdy. The platforms are an inch thick and also very strong. The baskets are 15 inches wide and they have STRONG metal rings (most of the "baskets" on other cat trees are tiny and flimsy and would not last 5 seconds if my boy tried to sit in them lol) and my boy fits in them very easily.

There is one downside to this tree and that is that it is not staggered very well and it kinda needs to be near something the cat can jump off of to get onto the tree. We use the small cat tree (not pictured) that we bought a long time ago when we just had one cat haha.

Tesla (the black and white one) is the 17 pound cat. He's in the basket in this picture. Notice how the basket is staying completely horizontal and not bending down at all! And he fits comfortably!

He had just "shook out" or "fluffed out" his fur in this picture but it makes him look so much bigger than he actually is! He looks like he swallowed a bowling ball!

Kiwi chilling in the little house. [emoji]128571[/emoji]

And some more of Tesla on the tree. [emoji]128571[/emoji][emoji]128573[/emoji][emoji]128571[/emoji]
Wow! This looks like one solid sturdy cat tree. And your kitties are beautiful!

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
@Maddies Momma

Mine is the smaller Penthouse Kitty Mansion. I picked it partially off your review on your post earlier this year. Tesla has gotten huge, lol. My boy is only 13 pounds but very lanky and wouldn't know graceful if it hit him upside the head. To give you a size comparison the bed Link is on in the below picture is 40cm while the basket on your model is 35cm. He can squeeze into the bed and groom but he seems to prefer having a limb hanging and using the bookshelf next to it to prop a leg while grooming. He is happy so far and no stability issues with him throwing his weight around.

Fun fact, I live near the Kitty Mansion warehouse in California (its actually right between home and work). So I was able to go in, measure and feel them before buying. They have (very fat) cats living in the showroom with all their different models. If you ask they will call over a cat and have the cat jump around on the tree so you can see how they can move and how it stands up. All their heavy duty models seemed very solid. Showroom pricing is also the same as the sale plus discount so I got mine for $69 with normal price for that model being around $89. The people are super nice too.

Last edited:

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mine is the smaller Penthouse Kitty Mansion. I picked it partially off your review on your post earlier this year. Tesla has gotten huge, lol. My boy is only 13 pounds but very lanky and wouldn't know graceful if it hit him upside the head. To give you a size comparison the bed Link is on in the below picture is 40cm while the basket on your model is 35cm. He can squeeze into the bed and groom but he seems to prefer having a limb hanging and using the bookshelf next to it to prop a leg while grooming. He is happy so far and no stability issues with him throwing his weight around.

Fun fact, I live near the Kitty Mansion warehouse in California (its actually right between home and work). So I was able to go in, measure and feel them before buying. They have (very fat) cats living in the showroom with all their different models. If you ask they will call over a cat and have the cat jump around on the tree so you can see how they can move and how it stands up. All their heavy duty models seemed very solid. Showroom pricing is also the same as the sale plus discount so I got mine for $69 with normal price for that model being around $89. The people are super nice too.
Kieka Kieka

I wish I lived that close. I'm in Indiana, so I'm much farther east Haha. Mine was shipped to me and I had to unbox it in my driveway because the box was too heavy to carry inside so I carried it inside piece by piece. I got it when it was on sale plus I got a 20% discount for liking their facebook page and following them on instagram. I think it came out to be around $170 (regular price was $250 so I saved quite a bit on it) free shipping was really nice too!

The baskets on mine are 38cm though considering 15in=38.1cm.

Link is very cute by the way!

Tesla is just a big boy. He's not fat. Just a very large cat. I think he likely has some Mainecoon (or some of the natural stock that was used to create the Mainecoon) in his near ancestry just because of his sheer size. He's only a year old but he's already a little over 3 feet long (around 91cm).

He just had a vet appointment recently for an annual checkup and the vet said he was not overweight. Just a big cat. His fur also makes him look so much bigger than he is. Most of his coat is like 4 inches long so he just looks like a giant ball of fluff most of the time lol.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Kieka Kieka

I wish I lived that close. I'm in Indiana, so I'm much farther east Haha. Mine was shipped to me and I had to unbox it in my driveway because the box was too heavy to carry inside so I carried it inside piece by piece. I got it when it was on sale plus I got a 20% discount for liking their facebook page and following them on instagram. I think it came out to be around $170 (regular price was $250 so I saved quite a bit on it) free shipping was really nice too!

The baskets on mine are 38cm though considering 15in=38.1cm.

Link is very cute by the way!

Tesla is just a big boy. He's not fat. Just a very large cat. I think he likely has some Mainecoon (or some of the natural stock that was used to create the Mainecoon) in his near ancestry just because of his sheer size. He's only a year old but he's already a little over 3 feet long (around 91cm).

He just had a vet appointment recently for an annual checkup and the vet said he was not overweight. Just a big cat. His fur also makes him look so much bigger than he is. Most of his coat is like 4 inches long so he just looks like a giant ball of fluff most of the time lol.
Wow. He is really big and probably still has more growing to do. Link kept growing until he was 2 and I think has grown a smidgen in the last 6 months. He's put on half a pound at least without any change in shape.

I usually have people guessing Link is in the high teens in weight. He's just miles of legs though and next to my female who is only 7 pounds with stubby legs he looks even bigger.

That fluff though on Tesla is crazy. But he looks georgeous.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They should really enjoy that tree!  We love our GO Pet Club tree, which is a different configuration.  

Good on you for "spoiling" him.  That's always the right thing to do when you have a cat. 
  Our home looks like Cat Jungle-Land, too.  Wouldn't have it any other way. 

greypaws

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Last edited:

greypaws

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mr Good Boy Sparky seems to like it a lot, he's spent a good bit of time playing on it and scratching on the posts. No naps yet, I'm probably going to have to move it in front of the windows, so he can watch TV in between kitty naps.

I love all the pictures of the 'apple of your eye and hearts' , thanks for letting me share mine.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's a more active one of Sammy scratching on her tree. :D
She's so cute. When she finally first started doing it, she stayed down low, on the bottom. (& She's so short compared to what Angel was), but now she reaches up to the second level, & I say, "get it big girl" & she scratches away! :lol3:

greypaws

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
NewYork1303 that cat tree is stunning? Never saw one that like, not that I'm an expert on cat trees.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The tree with the natural branches is stupendous -- where did you get that?  Your cats have got to love those trees.  *Would you like to adopt us?*