Pickle Cat

Masson99

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I’ve been noticing whenever my cat gets right in my face he smells like pickles. I’m concerned there maybe something wrong with him as I have never owned a cat before and smelling like pickles does not seem normal. Am I overreacting or is there something I should watch out for?

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
A pickle like smell is new to me. If it is a sweet but sour smell, a vet ASAP is in order. It could maybe be a sign of uncontrolled diabetes and that would need to be addressed now if it's already at that point. Of course, it could be less serious as well. I'd do an apointment with the vet just to make sure there isn't something medically wrong either way. Maybe your vet can make sense of the smell.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Masson99

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Aieko

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cats smell like dryer sheets, they hop into the dryer and lay in it. I've grown used to it and now I just check it each time. Is your cat an outside cat? Could he be escaping and getting into something that smells like pickles?

As everyone else said, if you cannot figure out what makes your kitty smell like pickles, please take him to the vet.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So I’ve been noticing whenever my cat gets right in my face he smells like pickles.
Sorry, I made a bad assumption based on what you originally said. If it is exuding from his skin/hair, unless it has to do something with some sort of flea treatment, shampoo, etc. it is likely an indicator of a health condition, maybe as simple as a skin disorder. Better safe than sorry with a vet visit.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Masson99

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cats smell like dryer sheets, they hop into the dryer and lay in it. I've grown used to it and now I just check it each time. Is your cat an outside cat? Could he be escaping and getting into something that smells like pickles?

As everyone else said, if you cannot figure out what makes your kitty smell like pickles, please take him to the vet.
He does go outside but idk what he could be getting into