Picking Up Pregnant Foster On Friday.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is exhausting giving birth. I am glad that you found the baby behind her. Are they all latched on and relatively quiet? Peaceamd quiet are what they need now

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ladysnuggable

Mother of Cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
It is exhausting giving birth. I am glad that you found the baby behind her. Are they all latched on and relatively quiet? Peaceamd quiet are what they need now
Yeah She been in relatively the same position sense. It concerns be that she hasnt eaten today. But she did eat all the placentas and the can of cat food from yesterday so I think shes okay if she doesnt eat tomorrow ill bring her to the vet for a check up but kittens have latched on havnt heard them cry except when they protest momma shifting lol

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The placentas keep the mama cat going so that she stays with the kittens as much as possible, keeping them warm while ingesting optimum amounts of colostrum. I agree with Sarthur2 - sounds like things are going well. Thank you for the update!

Ladysnuggable

Mother of Cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
I got bad news guys i was right to be worried I saw discharge this morning after noticing mommas lack of interest in her babies. So I took her to the vet she had a 105 temp and i asked them to keep her overnight and treat her however they need to. So she is being spayed tomorrow and on antibiotics and fluids. it is an infection somewhere in her uterus I'll find out more tomorrow after the surgery. My poor baby :( I'm on momma kitty duties. Im making sure they are caught up on feedings im trying to feed .3 ML every half an hour so they get use to the tiny syringe and stimulating I took them to the vet with me and momma to make sure they were taking care of. The longest they spent alone was when I was on a college field trip to a museam but they had my Boyfriend <3 he kept them warm and tried to feed them but hes not use to this like i am. Tomorrow at work I;m going to ask my manager if i can bring them in to feed on my 15 min breaks that we have 2 hours into shift and 2 hours after lunch. I already got their carrier so I can take them to class with me. I'll keep you guys updated I'm worried about my momma she was so sweet at the vet and let me pet and love on her the whole time. She needed it </3

Ladysnuggable

Mother of Cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
They have been earting well at leaat .4 to .5 every half hour gonna switch to 1 ml per hour soon they are getting use to the syringe

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the update - sending prayers and vibes foe Lovey's speedy recovery and for the health of her kittens. You sound like you have everything under control - it was good that you got Lovey into the vet when did - you have excellent instincts.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Glad you got her to the vet! I’m sorry she’s not well. Get mama back home as soon as you can to nurse. Ask for 3 days of pain meds for her. It will help, but she can still nurse. Her mammaries will be full and she’ll need to nurse.

The kittens probably need more mLs at a time.

I hope all goes well today!

Ladysnuggable

Mother of Cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm so tired D; in taking cat naps with them. Its been a while sense we had bottle babies. My little grey baby is the best eat eater hell eat half no struggle. Then after that gets the wiggles. I'm gonna try to start giving him 1.5 the other 2 get 1 ml but its a struggle. Everyone goes potty abd enjoys the hot pack under blanket and my sock of rice.
Also met a guy at the vet that might have a blind kitten Due to eye infections I gave him my number we have have a blind baby in a few weeks when he finishes treatment and weaning

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
Keep up the good work & continued good luck vibes for being able to feed them at work. I hope momma is home with them soon.

Ladysnuggable

Mother of Cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
So she definitely had an infection in her uterus not left behind kittens or placentas they spayed her and my vet keeps spayed cats over night sense its invasive and they have her on fluids and antibiotic so tomorrow we will all be reunited with momma lovey

Ladysnuggable

Mother of Cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
I did end up sleeping through one of my 2 hour alarms but they have been eatting closer to 2 ml so im not to worried. The grey one is quick to eat lol my black boy is so argumentative the girl eats but throwsna fit first lol

Ladysnuggable

Mother of Cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a real soft spot for the grey one he might stay. When I went to refill his little syringe i put him in my nice warm pocket and he didnt cry or anything. :D

Ladysnuggable

Mother of Cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
My manager is like ill think about it. For me bringing them in if the store manager was here id ask him he knows i rescue all the walmart kitties out here hes the one who wanted them trapped. So hed help me out. My boyfriends at home but hes to scared to feed them so i doubled up this morning on some nom noms we got 2.5 in everyone but the little black boy hes my fighter. On lunch they will get 2.5 again

Ladysnuggable

Mother of Cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
Grey baby who ive named Brooks ate 3 ML i was surprised. The Matching Tuxedos ate 2.5 mil each. I can tell they are going to be a pair. They freak out if they aren't together and Brooks is just like Meh. I;m going to find a matching set of names and adopt them as a duo :)

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Hopefully momma feels well enough and takes back over on nursing when she gets home!