Picking Up Pregnant Foster On Friday.

Ladysnuggable

Mother of Cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello fellow cat people! I've been rescuing socializing and adopting out kittens that I've caught in the area for some time. Now that were getting into kitten season I got a coworker with a pregnant feral/ stray that he takes care of. She is very friendly and I will be taking her in this Friday. I've never had a pregnant cat before so this will be a first. I'd love love love some advice on how to make her extra comfortable. If shes as hand-able as my coworker says we will be getting a vet visit quickly to make sure shes in good health!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ladysnuggable

Mother of Cats
Adult Cat
Purraise

Ladysnuggable

Mother of Cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
Here's some pics and an update. I have the flu and Will be picking her up Sunday night she's a good girl and lives on their porch with a shelter and food :) he says She's friendly to everyone so well be very lucky and happy to have her here!

Attachments

Ladysnuggable

Mother of Cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
Got her last night shea super friendly! My coworker asked me to try to adopt her out which is great I'd prefer her inside. She is settling in am xxxl dog cage with a blanket over part of it. she's got a bed a small box lottttts of food water and a litter pan. When I went to feed her this morning she was like LOVE ME. So she's not even mad at being brought here lol. She's not a fan of other cats right now she doesn't get violent or hiss just a warning growl to back up. I'll add more pictures later on. She's so fat!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That's great that you have her home with you now. That will give her some time to get settled before the babies come. :)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She must stay inside now to have her kittens. It’s not safe outside.

Ladysnuggable

Mother of Cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
She must stay inside now to have her kittens. It’s not safe outside.
I know that.That's why i got her. She was a coworkers feral that he was feeding
As soon as he noticed she was pregnant he contact me the "walmart cat lady" because he knew I'd take her in foster her and her family and adopt everyone out to good homes.

Last edited:

Ladysnuggable

Mother of Cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
That's great that you have her home with you now. That will give her some time to get settled before the babies come. :)
She's doing fantastic got super lovey today let me know her bowl was empty and so far has only.growled once at another cat she seems to be warming up to my little welcome wagon. Got two homes lined up so far for unborn kittens! Gonna try to get two more lined up and a few maybes then gonna find a home for momma who ive been called love bug

Ladysnuggable

Mother of Cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
Momma Lovey as I've been calling her is doing good shes about 3 weeks pregnant eats SO much lol. I've been giving her kitten chow and wet food as recommended by the vet to make sure shes getting extra nutrients. I'm so excited fro the babies. I'm also on call now for kitten rescue. A coworker recommend me to a customer for abandoned kitten pick up. shes found an abandoned litter every year sense she moved here. I'm also going to do some TNR in her area after i take our current resident fosters to get fixed.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
This is wonderful! Thank you for the work you are doing. Keep us updated. :)

Ladysnuggable

Mother of Cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
Shes got quite the belly on her so lovable too. She's a sweet girl definitely adoptable. Still waiting for babies. Ill try to get a good picture maybe someone can help estimate how long she has :)

Ladysnuggable

Mother of Cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
Any day now ladies and gents. She's quieted down and is less interested in food! Still all about the pets though <3

Ladysnuggable

Mother of Cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
Have you been able to see/feel the babies move?
Yes I have. She is also like SUPER into her water i've filled the bowl three times today and she will empty it. Also I believe her belly dropped today it looks lower and more pointed out. Also having loose stool. this is my first kitty pregnancy so I'm going off other peoples information on what I should be expecting 8D I don't know what is good or bad information. But shes sweet safe and happy and looking like shes gonna POP.

Ladysnuggable

Mother of Cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
Momma neatly moved her blanket across the cage it was so cute and funny to watch she was like Nah girl you made this all wrinkly.