photos and media section

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Can someone clarify/confirm for me, pictures that are posted/uploaded to a thread don't show up in the Media section?

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
You mean automatically?
They shouldn't. Do you have a problem with it?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yes, automatically ... but I didn't know what it's supposed to do, so figured I'd be best off asking.
Do you have a problem with it?
No problem, --I was hoping I could find a photo I'd posted previously, so I looked in my Media, and of course no luck. As you described it behaved exactly as it should. So, I had to go to Plan B :tongue:

Thank you :)

LokiLamia

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Can someone clarify/confirm for me, pictures that are posted/uploaded to a thread don't show up in the Media section?
I posted a pic to the May black & white thread. I got a little message about it lol yay a, great.
so I go to add some pics in media. Totally different heading, wrote a little dialogue. Made myself laugh. Posted and then edited. Nothing is ever done for me. I like to tweek stuff and make it better.
mom, so where did my entry go? Poof, gone.
I know it was posted around 11:30 because in the thread that is the time I got a praise. However, some craziness in this because the 5 five photos I uploaded as a sequence with a different title too, showed up in the thread where my entry was. Say what? It was posted and saved and got reply posted by a couple of people. So where did it go and how in the world could my new post get dumped onto the older one? The irony is, I have tried deleting posts because I was even greener than I am now and wanted to remove it from history; and could not delete the post.
So, conspiracy theory, it was so close to the cut off that an unknown entity put the second onto the first knowing only 1 pic is allowed for an entry. So, then, the post that was originally in the May black white pic submission was suddenly moved to another thread for just media. But I k owe I did t do that because I was searching for my media and got snacked down saying I had no media. What in the holy mystery bat man. I don’t have access to move, edit, delete threads. Something is fishy.

LokiLamia

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, automatically ... but I didn't know what it's supposed to do, so figured I'd be best off asking.

No problem, --I was hoping I could find a photo I'd posted previously, so I looked in my Media, and of course no luck. As you described it behaved exactly as it should. So, I had to go to Plan B :tongue:

Thank you :)
So what is plan B? I can’t find my photo and the entire post that I made. Did you find what you were looking for?

LokiLamia

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
1. I am just going to a media folder I made so I could use one of the images. The media personal file I named and described. Uploaded 6 images and moving pics. Saved it scrolled to the top and was reminded to upload at least one image to save my folder. But I uploaded 6. ???

2. I posted an image at 11:28pm to the May black &whiye photo. I was definitely within the thread because people commented on the image. Is there a hole in your door? No, I say, it’s a laser pointer.
3. About 30 mins later I complete another post. Intended for the images and video thread. Somehow my second post wiped out the first, no clue how this can happen when the first is already‘circulating’. People have seen it. And then, poof, the original post titled something along the lines of “What is that thing? Shh, don’t call anyone” one image in black and white of my two black kittens staring at a laser dot on the door above their heads.
4. Then I went and made a media folder. Titled it described it. Saved. Nope upload a file it won’t save an empty folder. Ok, do it again. I upload 6. Six images and movs. Save. Yes. Personal media. Yay
7. Come back later to use one of these images and what? No personal media??

I just can’t keep doing the same thing over and over. It feels like windows95

lol
1684998647527.png

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
I posted a pic to the May black & white thread. I got a little message about it lol yay a, great.
so I go to add some pics in media. Totally different heading, wrote a little dialogue. Made myself laugh. Posted and then edited. Nothing is ever done for me. I like to tweek stuff and make it better.
mom, so where did my entry go? Poof, gone.
I know it was posted around 11:30 because in the thread that is the time I got a praise. However, some craziness in this because the 5 five photos I uploaded as a sequence with a different title too, showed up in the thread where my entry was. Say what? It was posted and saved and got reply posted by a couple of people. So where did it go and how in the world could my new post get dumped onto the older one? The irony is, I have tried deleting posts because I was even greener than I am now and wanted to remove it from history; and could not delete the post.
So, conspiracy theory, it was so close to the cut off that an unknown entity put the second onto the first knowing only 1 pic is allowed for an entry. So, then, the post that was originally in the May black white pic submission was suddenly moved to another thread for just media. But I k owe I did t do that because I was searching for my media and got snacked down saying I had no media. What in the holy mystery bat man. I don’t have access to move, edit, delete threads. Something is fishy.
LokiLamia LokiLamia , there were never any posts from you in the competition thread. I've gone over and over it. There were no deletions or moves that I can find.
You do however have a series of photos in this thread, that you started.

I can assure you that there are no 'conspiracies' here.

LokiLamia

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
LokiLamia LokiLamia , there were never any posts from you in the competition thread. I've gone over and over it. There were no deletions or moves that I can find.
You do however have a series of photos in this thread, that you started.
[/URL]

I can assure you that there are no 'conspiracies' here.
All I am saying, in my sarcastic manner is that something went awry and the shits and giggle 5 imgs posted over the top of my entry at 11:28
Someone responded and asked if there was a hole in the door. Within 30 mins I made another post and the first was gone but I promise it was in the black white May photos

here is a screenshot of the exchange.
1684999708652.png
1684999708652.png
1684999708652.png

As I said I didn’t put the e original photo I. The forum listed here but this is the time I posted. It is a puzzler. I don’t see how it can happen but it definitely did. I’m not crazy

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
Yes, I can see the whole thread.. I just deleted the last 'OK' post in it as it didn't refer to anything. That whole thread is there.

There are no references anywhere to a post in the competition. I'm really sorry you missed out, but there simply was no photo there.

A search shows you only have that one, new, album. You are saying you had three albums?

LokiLamia

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No, I created the same album 3 times before it stuck. I really don’t care about the photo and you know getting votes or whatever. I am trying to tell you there is something amiss and needs looking into. I’m not attacking anyone or picking a fight. Look at this I went to the menu and renewed or I’m not sure the word used in the menu. But I had all my notifications renewed so they are all unread again.

if you look at the shits and giggles it was
created at 11:28 pm. That is the post time. Why would she ask if there was a hole in the door unless she could see Loki reaching for the white spot of light.
She replied to that initial image at 11:33pm. But look at that thread when it seems to start. Posted at 11:28 and then last edited at

Last edited at 12:59 am ? An hour an a half on one post? And the reply came in about the “hole in the door” at 11:33 pm. The time line doesn’t make any sense. I posted the two cats looking up at the white dot and the title said something like will they take us? No, don’t call anyone. I don’t recall exact words I used. It was the thread title. Surely, something can be searched on your mainframe or hard drive or whatever you are working with. The original photo was only up for it seems from what I am really guessing maybe 30 mins to 45 mins. An hour at the very outside.
I promise you, I posted it as an entry and then started a new thread for the sequencethis image below is the original. Notice it doesn’t like the file type. I am suspecting herein lies the problem originally I had it as a single image. I adjusted the blacks a bit and came back with an image that you can see him jump toward the dot in a loop.
Notice the white dot he is reaching for. It is a red dot before monochromatic effects coming from a laser pointer.

It is just pasting code here but the image in the thumbnail is the original one I posted.
IMG_0498.jpeg

I guess the best thing to do would be to ask Margot Lane if she 😂 at one pic with a white hole in the door. And an hour later 😂 again. At the same pics? No. The images changed. She commented with words too

IMG_0591.png

If I havnt convinced you that I am not inventing a big lie then send Margot a note and ask her if my post changed. Different pic, 1 pic vs 4. Different thread title. She was responding with the same emoji an hour apart because it was a different post.
That’s all. I’m done. Goodnight.

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
I'll ask admin to look into it, but I can't find anything myself.