Photography

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ShopCat

It's good to see that this thread is still going strong with all of the wonderful photos!

This is a recent photo I took at our last trip to the Merritt Island National Wildlife refuge. Mike said he looked like he was coming right for me-good thing I had a zoom lens!

Hosted on Fotki
That's an awesome picture! And he really looks like part of the water.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
bumping this thread because I have some to add.

I'm nowhere near professional, but I think some of my pics turn out pretty nice. I'd like to take some photography courses as I thoroughly enjoy it.

Camera: (for the majority of pics) Canon PS S3 IS 6.0mp, settings: automatic (as in no manual adjusting, as I have yet to learn about that)

Anyways, I'd love to hear opinions from the professionals as to what I could do to improve on these pics that I think are fairly good. I am very open to constructive critism.

My husbands car. I don't think this is a great pic... however, give me 10mins with photoshop to enhance the contrast and I think it would be better. (But my goal obviously is to take pics without needing to PS the contrast/brightness/etc.)

Snake in a tree. My thoughts on this one is that the focus isn't really on one thing, so nothing jumps out. I'd rather the focus have been directed solely on the snake.

Snake in grass. I think its fairly decent....but needs improvement, I just don't know on what.

another snake in grass. (his colour is dull because he is in shed... the colour is true to what he looked like)

Brandy pre-tumor.... (cropped pic... Like the full size one better)

Bearded dragon in grass. I love the contrast in this photo.

snake closeup

3 sunset, landscape pics...

Please, any constructive critism would be appreciated, as I am very interested in learning about photography.

Thanks for looking.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yey! Cool! I am not sure why I never found this thread....
Anyway, not a professional by any means, but I am known to always have a camera on me - I am always photographing...
Here are some shots I like -
I love taking Aerial pictures, so I make sure to always get a window seat during my travels. The series below is somewhere in between California and Nebraska.

Still aerial, but this one is arriving in Brasil

A beach in Brasil - these are the tents they fix to us with tables and chairs once we arrive on the beach. Of course you can have your cold beer eating freshly cooked crab... yum!

The waiter getting fresh coconuts

A picture of my cousin Vitor Meira, getting ready to start the race last year, in Dallas. One of the things I like the most of going to the races is to take LOTS of pictures...

These are not as great as the pictures in this thread, but...... Enjoy!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so glad this thread was brought back up! I always enjoy looking at everyone's photos. They all look great! You don't have to be a proffesional to take good photos! Please keep posting them! I will post more when I get a chance!

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All I have on photobucket is cat pictures. Some of these are kind of cool. I have more stuff too, but honestly I usually just photograph cats, lol, they are more interesting!