Photobombs, Bloopers and Oopsies! Picture of the Month September 2015

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Photographing cats is almost always a challenge.

Ever tried to get a close-up shot and ended up with one of your cat's face headbutting the camera?

Then again, try to photograph something else, and there's an excellent chance of a cat photobombing the picture by showing up in it, entirely unannounced!

This month we're looking for these "Oops!" photos which turned out entirely different from what you had in mind. Please don't submit a picture that's simply skewed or out of focus though 
[td]Spring Naturals
[/td]
This month's winner will be getting prizes by both sponsors! 
And an assortment of Bravo all-natural cat treats

Prizes can be shipped within the US only but please don't let that stop you from joining in the fun! If you win, I'm sure we can think of a US-based shelter you can donate the prize to (or even to another TCS member!). The same goes for those of you whose kitties have food sensitivities.

Submissions will be accepted through Tuesday, September 22nd

The Rules:
  1. Choose the best picture you have for our monthly theme and post it to this thread. Please mention the cat's name!

2. Image needs to be clear and not too small. 480 pixels high by 640 pixels wide minimum should be a good enough size, but larger is better.
  3. One submission per member please 
Photos will not be monitored during the contest. If your photo is found to be too small or unclear, it will not be included in the voting stage.

Our cats are ALL amazingly beautiful! This friendly photo contest is about the way in which the cat is captured in the picture. We're not looking for professional photography, but do try to keep things like image quality, lighting and composition in mind. 

Good luck everyone!

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was trying to take an elegant picture of Morgana, taking advantage of the lovely lighting offered where she was sitting. I have the actual nice result picture that is my current avatar, but this was the first try. She looks like she is trying to be all gangsta! 

Last edited:

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh no.....I find that the blurry pictures are the funniest. I'm not eligible to win (being from outside the US, blurriness and stuff), but I thought I'd share a picture of Wanda. I was trying to capture her yawning and this is what I got 

Last edited:

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I got this sunning photo "shadow" shot of Milly, I had not noticed the fan cord when I snapped the several photos I took at that moment. That photo turned out okay even with the cord, but the one I took immediately after the shadow shot shows that she had suddenly yawned really big. Looks like she was inhaling the electrical cord & choking on it or something!

Last edited: