Resolved Photo Storage Limit Question

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi. Yesterday I tried to save a photo to one of my albums and was notified that I had used up too much space, I figured "Well ok, I guess I'll need to delete some". Today I tried to add a photo to someone elses thread but it wouldn't load. Does the limit only apply to the ones in my albums or the total I've saved on the site? Also every time I saved to one of my albums it also went to the site gallery, do those also count against my total amount allowed? Can they be deleted? Thanks, I posted this as a new thread since I couldn't locate the info elsewhere.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never heard of this. Is it possible for you to take a screenshot of the error message?
I just tried it again and of course it's working fine, I'll keep trying to see if it happens again. Thanks.
By the way is there a way to save a photo to my albums without it also going to the site gallery too?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
You couldn't upload to the other member's album because she had set the permissions as "owner only". That's been changed to "members only", so you could try again.

The limit ("maximum storage quota") appears to apply only to the total number of images a member has in all his/her albums, so if the ceiling has been reached, some images will have to be deleted before new ones can be uploaded. I don't know of any way you can prevent an album photo from being shown in the gallery unless you change the entire album privacy settings. That would affect all the photos in that particular album.

image upload quota.jpg

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
You have to go to the album page in order to add an image to an album. You do so by clicking on "Add Media".
add media ileen.jpg

post your sleeping beauties.jpg

The maximum storage quota for albums has now been lifted, so you won't have to delete photos in order to upload new ones.

maximum storage quota.jpg