Petal stopped eating one of her 2 favourite foods

Cat Grrl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone:

Just worrying about my 16 3/4 yo female, Petal. She is a fussy eater. She has never eaten wet food, though I have tried many types over the years! She was doing very well on Hill’s I/D and Purina Cat Chow Complete. She had stopped vomiting every few days and was eating enough of each type of kibble. Now she has decided she does not like the Cat Chow anymore. I keep the kibble frozen in the freezer until I need the next batch. I tried a new batch from the freezer — no luck. Should I try another type of kibble? I’m afraid if I do, she will no longer eat the I/D. She is also getting subq injections every few days and a stool softener every day. She also gets Cerenia every 3rd day. She is still playing and seems ok otherwise. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
What if you hang on to the cat chow, try another Purina variety that's similar in ingredients to the cat chow for now, and then try the cat chow later on and see if she'll eat it again?

Hang in there, Petal sweetie, listen to your mama!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cat Grrl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi Furballsmom! Thanks for the advice. I do have another variety of Purina on hand, I can try. Good idea. I also told Petal what you said and she blinked at me.

Thanks

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
My cats have always varied their taste for food. It is like Heidi Klum always said on Project Runway.....one day you're in and the next day you're out. I try the looping around system and usually they do come back to the original food.