Pet Sitters in Toronto (North York area)?

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi all

We are going away for a weekend in June and I have been searching for a pet sitter in our new area.  So far, all of the companies I have contacted have not contacted me back, with the exception of 1 who wanted a ridiculous amount of money.

I have found a social networking site on line for people who are available for pet sitting, and am looking into that, but these people are not professionals, and I would feel more secure with one, or someone from here, who I would know cares enough about their cats to be on a cat forum.

We live in North York, Toronto, and have 3 cats and a conure that need some care for a couple of days.

If anyone knows of a good sitter in the area, or sits themselves, could you PM me?  

Thanks a bunch!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks :)  That's actually the first site we looked at, but paying $45 just to be able to respond to someone is excessive.  I don't mind paying a fee to a website if I am going to use their services, but that would be more than we'd be paying the sitter.

We found someone through a social site for next weekend...and I got the name of one of the receptionists at my vet who does sitting as well.  Hope it all works out.

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is appalling!  I had no idea they charged people for the referrals.  That's the last time I will be recommending THEM!  It may be different in Canada, of course.  I was actually registered on Care.com for awhile as a pet sitter but never got any calls.  Now I can see why!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, they don't ask you for the money until you have signed up and you click on someone's name.  You can't even respond to someone who has responded to your add without paying the $45 :p

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As sad as that is, it makes me feel better to know that probably there were some people who wanted to use me as a cat sitter but they hit that $45 fee and did the same thing you did, looked elsewhere.