Pet Safe Floor Cleaner

mrw5641

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have googled, and found a few pet safe floor cleaners, does anyone have any experience with a particular brand that is better than others?

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried to find safe floor cleaners. I ended up getting a steam cleaner for my huge laminate great room.

Now that I am in an apartment.. with a tiny kitchen and bathroom.. I use the swiffer wet disposable pads.. I make sure Geoffrey is in my bedroom, until the floor is dry....

I do not have room to store the steamer. I did love it.. but... one has to adapt.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
What kind of floors do you have? Tile? Hardwood? Carpet?

The best thing I've found for hard floors is what my mother used years ago. 1 cup of white vinegar in a gallon of hot water. You can add a tablespoon of dish detergent if you want.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrw5641

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have hardwood floor, I hate the smell of vinegar.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I've been using this one on my countertops for years, plus for spot cleaning floors when kitties throw up. It comes in several different scents but I prefer the unscented one. I don't see any reason it couldn't work on the whole floor. It also works well added to laundry to neutralize cat pee smell in blankets and cat beds.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrw5641

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
GoldyCat GoldyCat ah that worked thank you! Do you put this in like a wetjet or something that can spit out the liquid? Just trying to find the best / easiest option

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
GoldyCat GoldyCat ah that worked thank you! Do you put this in like a wetjet or something that can spit out the liquid? Just trying to find the best / easiest option
I usually put it in a spray bottle for smaller jobs. It should work just fine in a wetjet. It's really concentrated. The directions say to dilute in water 20:1, but for small amounts I just dump a little in without measuring. It works best if you put the water in first and add the cleaner. It will foam up if you're running water in on top of it, but the foam does eventually settle out and it doesn't leave a soap scum.