Pet Remembrance Journal

Kitty Mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was looking on Amazon the other day for some kind of scrapbook to make for my baby boy Tiger so I could memorialize him and I found something called My Pet Remembrance Journal by Enid Traisman. I ordered it and it arrived today. It uses questions to take you through your pet's life and your relationship with him or her, has lots of questions to prompt memories and pages to include photos. The end even has pages to write a goodbye letter to your pet.

I was wondering if anyone else had seen this journal and had used it and if so did it help you through the grieving process?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have that journal, but it sounds like a very good idea for a remembrance and for closure. I know at the beginning it is so very hard to even think of pictures, etc., but later, it would be wonderful to go back down memory's lane. Thank you for your post, I will be looking into it.

I found it on Amazon fro 9.95 in paperback,3.99 for Kindle version, it sounds wonderful!

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I had not seen it, but I just took a look at it on Amazon, and added it to my wish list so I can find it and send it to friends (and some day, one day, for myself) when needed. Thank you for this.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kitty Mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You're welcome. I haven't started writing in it yet, I want to wait until I have a day when I can spent a lot of time on it especially since I know it will bring lots of tears.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you for mentioning this book. I'd never heard of it and just got finished checking it out on Amazon, like Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 . I wish I'd had something like it when Milo and Wesley passed away about 6 years ago but I think it will still be very helpful all these years later.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Writing about it will help people. I haven't looked at it yet, but I will. When I lost my Max, soul mate in 2005, I wrote his life story because he was such a unique cat. I never wanted to forget anything about him. I included pictures, and gave a copy of it all to my vet and to Max's previous owners. My husband never read it, but I still get it out at times. I read and cry, but it helps me remember all the things about him, I would have other wise forgotten. I am sure this journal would help in the same way. Thank you for sharing this information.

Kitty Mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
As I read through this journal it started triggering long lost memories of Brat and Tama who passed on years ago and I realized how many special moments with them that I had not thought about for a long time. I am going to get two more for them.

Kitty Mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just an update. I started writing in this journal and it has been so helpful to me in working through my grief. I write a few minutes at a time and I go back and add things to sections I've already written in if i think of something new. I'm putting together the photos that I want to put in the journal. I didn't realize how many photos I have of Tiger. Putting together the story of his life has helped so much!