Pet Peeves

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, Debbie, you reminded me of one my husband does. I hate it when you have just scrubbed the floor and waxed it, and someone has to walk on it-can't wait a few minutes, or use another door; they have to undo your work. What a lack of respect! Can you imagine what he would say if he just washed and waxed the car and I touched it with muddy fingers? Muddy feet are fine on my floor, though. Grrrrrrrr....He also threw his dirty clothes on the floor. I still love him, but I think some men think housework means nothing.

melissa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Debby- I can totally sympathize. When I was pregnant with my first child and still working ,coworkers would come up to me and pull up the bottom of my shirt to rub my belly! What the heck makes people think that pregnant people are public property?!? :LOL:

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Telemarketers......

I'm at the point where if someone calls and asks for "Kirk Hedges" or something like that (my name is Keith Hodges), I know immediately that is a phoneshark. Also, I'm on the verge of buying a whistle because these idiots just don't get it (AT&T). I keep hanging up on them and they keep calling. Like Melissa said, if I wanted your service or wanted to donate, I'm perfectly capable of doing it on my own. GGRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

Keith

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Same company! They asked if I was Mrs. Gresser. I said "no." (They weren't even close! There's no S in the middle of my name at all.) He said "Now, wait a minute, don't you have ATT cable?" Yep, but I'm not Mrs. Gresser. I wanted to see how he would switch the pitch!! But then he asked, "How much do you pay for your cable?"
NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. SLAM I'm always polite with them, but that was too much!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For those who are hounded by phone solicitors, this actually works because they know they will have to pay up. No really. I used it on a scam credit card company that was calling hubby 8 times a day saying he sent in an application (he didn't). They were told repeatedly to take him/us off their list. The calls stopped as soon as I threatened them with this.

They have to take you off their calling list when asked to, but you do have to ask. Hanging up and just saying no over and over doesn't work. If/when they call back, find out the name of the person calling, and the name of the company. Tell them that they have been told to take you off their list, that you have their name and the companies name, and if they call again you will take them to court. There is a federal law that says that if a company has been asked to take you off their list, and you have documented when they called, when you asked, and when they called back (you need the names of the people you spoke to, also) you can take them to small claims court and they HAVE to pay you $300 for harassment and wasting your time. There is a similar law for those annoying fax solicitations. You can get info on that at www.junkfaxes.org.

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You didn't do anything funny, but I am laughing like a fool here. I glanced down and thought I saw "www.junka$$e$.com"!! It would have been apropos, wouldn't it? Thanks for the tip!

badhabit

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I cannot stand when people tailgate me. I will be driving 5 miles OVER the speed limit and they get so close you feel like slamming on your brakes and giving them a scare. Although I'd never do that because with my luck they'd slam into me and screw my car up. I always hope to drive by a cop when someone is doing that.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
pet peeves!? did someone say pet peeves? well ladies and gentlemen I've got some that drive me ballistic!
at work, customers that are exteremly RUDE! don't they realize we don't HAVE to serve them? the customer is always right my butt not in that case jerk!
people with those loud thumping radios in their cars! that right there causes my road rage to go into overtime!
I really don't want to hear their music, and I bet they don't want to hear mine either!
people who swat at my cats is cause for me to throw them out of my house! messing with my animals is a HUGE no-no in this house and ALL who come here know that!
stupid people who don't take care of their animals, I feel like they should be treated the way they are treating their animals good luck scrounging for food jerk!
telemarketers, that is why I have caller id and an answering machine, if you want to talk to me, leave a message.
not putting the toilet paper on the roll if you use the last of it!
self explanitory!
and the list goes on and on! but these are ones that make me absolutely nuts!

badhabit

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm with Barb about not putting the toilet paper on the roll but rather I can't stand when the last person to drink the last bit of water from the water filtration pitcher doesn't refill it so when I go to get some water there's none.

I also hate when people don't pick up after their dogs when walking them. Either my dog tries to eat it or I step in it.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I absolutely cannot stand people who indulge in their filthy habits in public. Someone gnawing their fingernails sends me right over the edge. The same with popping gum and chewing with their mouth open.
I also hate loud, booming alleged music in cars. I hate rap or hiphop in any place. One of my daughter's smart ass little friends put a rap cd in my car cd player and it went right out the window!

alexnell

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
#1--Those people who come into the pet adoption events and monopolize a particular cat or dog for an hour (and the attention of it's foster parent), looking like they've found their one true love. Then when you bring them an adoption form, they say, "Oh, I wish I could take Fluffy home with me, but my (significant other/parents/roommates/landlord/etc.) (is allergic/has leather furniture/says I can't)." OR "The kids just wanted to play with a puppy/kitten."

I'm thinking: "I just saw at least 3 other potential adopters walk past, thinking "fluffy" was taken, and you knew you were never going to adopt him in the 1st place?????? You selfish ****. This isn't a petting zoo. These animals desperately need homes, and you may have just lost us the perfect family."

BTW, does anyone have any ideas how to spot people who are "just lurking" vs. the real mccoy? And how to discourage them? If I come at everyone with an adoption form right away, will that work? Or will I scare off real adopters too?

Thanks for letting me vent.

badhabit

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Michelle, I often just let people look untill they start asking questions about the cat. I can get the feel if they are serious or not if they ask good questions like "Why was she given up?" "Does she get along with other cats?" "Is she an inside only kitty?"

When they ask about the cat's lifestyle they tend to be interested in bringing her home. Since our clinic has limited rooms the cats can only be visted during surgery so I find the serious adopters will come back between the surgery hours.