Pet Health Insurance

sammie5

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What do you think about buying health insurance for your pets?

I have one cat, and I can easily handle all of the routine vet expenses - shots, Revolution treatment, and the occasional check up for small stuff. However, I worry about something more serious - UTI, surgery etc. Even dental work sounds expensive.

Sam's 6 now, and healthy, but I am concerned about problems as he gets older.

jason

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When we adopted our unamed kitty we got twon months free. Already had to used it once for her digestive trouble. It's like $6.95 a month to keep it after the two month trial period. After the last experience I went thru with a sick kitten, damn straight I'm keeping it.

a_loveless_gem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

My opinion is that it's a good idea. Vet fees can be high when there's a sick or injured pet. Though my only word of caution is to read the policies very carefully. The ones that I've only ever encountered in Australia require proof of no pre-existing conditions and also requires genetic history like whether your pet has a pre-disposition to hip problems and the like.

purrsita

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hi,
um, where can you get this health insurance? i'd sure like to have it for my cat.
i had a cat that was diabetic and her kidneys failed, it was very very expensive to take care of her.
the cat i have now is healthy, but you just never know....

any info would be greatly appreciated