Pet food costs increase

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm on hunt for all sales and offers that I found online to stock up some dry and wet food for my cats and the colony.
Also, I take advantage of the coupons that physical stores give me when I shop and spend over a certain amount. Now I have three 15% off coupons to be used by Feb 14th.
Three coupons are too many, I will only use one and I will give the others to someone else.
I am incredibly grateful my cats and dogs aren't picky when it comes to food, they'll eat pretty much anything I offer but they do have their favorites. A few of my cats don't handle beef well, which stinks because I can get big chuck roasts BOGO quite often.
Very nice of you to spread the coupons around, we're all in this together.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In the Cat Dry Food section, it says that Orijen Six Fish had the lowest price increase, 0% in two years. This seems to be true only in the US, because I buy Orijen, and since 2020 it had a small increase, around 10%, here in Italy.

Canned food (at least the one that I buy) had around 25% price increase in the same period.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am shocked at how insanely expensive rabbit has gotten. 🙀
For dry food, I'm very lucky that my work cats are not picky, and have no GI issues if I do a rapid switch so I can shop the sales. The dog has been getting more and more (healthy) leftovers in her bowl...

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Orijen maybe the most cost effective. Our kitty gained weight on it as though she was hitting a growth spurt. She wasn't. Rather than cut her down to half or less of a serving, we changed foods.