Pervy kitten, how to make him stop?

halcyondaydream

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay so here's the thing... I'm fostering a 9ish week old boy and his sister. We don't know their history but I'm assuming they were separated from mom too soon.

So this kitten, Andy, is sweet as can be and adores me. He also nurses and makes biscuits. I thought it was a happy/content behavior and thought nothing more, lots of cats do it and he was fine with a soft blanket. His sister doesn't do any of it, not even absent biscuits.

Fast forward, this boy has decided to sleep under the covers with me every night through the night. Adorable, right? Except... He is OBSESSED with nursing on my CROTCH. I am not even kidding, he is like a heat seeking missile and he gets UPSET when I stop him and block him off from getting to my privvies!! Side note, I bathe regularly so it's not a hygiene thing. He's just as into freshly showered as a day later. Oh and he does it to my female roommate too, but he's more bonded to me so he's around me the most.

So clearly this isn't just a happy behavior, it's a self-soothing thing is what I'm thinking. But how do I make him STOP for good?? It's not exactly a good thing and this boy is going to a forever home someday! Any ideas??

I'm writing this with a pillow on my lap and Andy sleeping on my leg after he gave up trying to nose his way under the pillow. I'm not even exaggerating, he tries to do it CONSTANTLY and acts neglected when I make him quit it.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My kittens have always gone for my earlobes (thankfully) but any soft warm skin makes some kittens feel like nursing. If pulling him out and setting him on the floor or wrapping yourself in covers so he can’t get under them doesn’t work then your next option is to shut him out of your room for the night. If there isn’t a good place to keep him then a large kennel might also work for nighttime’s.

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't let him into the bedroom at night? If necessary, wear jeans during the day.

I get that there is probably some reason why that isn't possible or you would rather not take that step, but I just don't think anyone is going to have anything else for ya. A lot of times the best way to get rid of an undesirable habit, is to starve it by preventing the cat from doing it for a time. The goal is that after the habit is extinguished you can go back to your normal routine, let the cat in at night, whatever.