Peruvian Horse Show 2009! Picture heavy but worth it :)

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Every year I ride in a peruvian horse festival. These horses are SO amazing to ride and so beautiful! It's really great fun, and they are fabulous trail partners because they have great dispositions and they don't trot! They gait and you don't have to post, so incredibly comfortable to ride!
The festival and shows are really fun because we get to put on the authentic clothes!

With no further ado...

The three horses we brought in, I'm riding the roan on the far right

My guy, 10 year old Roan gelding, Valador

He was being a bit bad in this picture, but I love it

True love! one of the sweetest horses I have ever met

My riding coach's husband, Norm, and his 9 year old Palimino gelding, Milagro

Just a stunning horse

This class is really fun! they have it with all the gaited horse classes! it's called a champagne class, and they give you a glass of champagne to hold in one hand, and you ride with just one hand, and they ask you to do a series of maneuvers, whoever has the most in the glass at the end wins!!! Norm won this class! I came in fourth!

And finally, my coachs 3 year old, flaxen chesnut stallion. He was amazing, he has only been broke for 3 months, he had just bred mares in the past month and he hasn't been broke to bit yet (peruvian horses start being ridden bitless for a year). He was incredibly well behaved! though we didn't put him in any classes where there were mares.

He is so stunning and well bred....

Here is some of the detail on the bit and saddle....

And finally at the end of the day all done!

Thanks for looking!

plebayo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks for sharing! We have a gal at the barn who owns a Paso Fino, he outwalks everyone [so do all gaited horses] but he's a great trail partner for her other than the fact she has a hard time finding people who can keep up with her!

I ride with a gal who has a Rocky Mountain horse, I think for long distance riding a gaited horse is the way to go. I know her butt feels a lot better than mine at the end of the day :p

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Gorgeous horses

Your coaches Stallion looks like Fabio the Italian model
Doesnt he?
Hes a gorgeous horse
They all are

The bit and saddle are beautiful, too. I would love that saddle.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lauracatlover

I love the stallion!
what's his name??
officially H.S.D.O. CASCABEL DE MUSANTE

We tell people Cascabel

and his barn name is boo

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are all so gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing the pictures!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lise, those are beautiful pictures and you are cute as a button as usual. Was this something the public could attend and if so, why didn't you let me know! I love horses and would have loved to go.

Thanks for sharing those gorgeous pictures. I'm also a sucker for palominos.

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Lise, those are beautiful pictures and you are cute as a button as usual. Was this something the public could attend and if so, why didn't you let me know! I love horses and would have loved to go.

Thanks for sharing those gorgeous pictures. I'm also a sucker for palominos.
it was in hamilton! I'm sorry I didn't even think! it was sort of public cause it was a horseshow! If there is anything else local I'll let you know for sure, I would have love you to have met my mom! she took all the pictures

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, the horses are beautiful.
I used to ride when I was young. My grandpa kept Arabian horses. Looking through your photos made me miss it terribly.
All three of the horses are gorgeous! And you look good, too.

sandy2u1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sounds like a lot of fun! Your horse is beautiful. The two of you look great together. I know what ya mean about gaited horses...ya never have to worry about getting a sore butt
I have a TWH...like most gaited horses, very smooth. I do make him walk at a normal slow pace sometimes though, so I can trail ride with all the horses in the area.

binkyhoo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very beautiful. If I can remember, does not that breed of horse have a special sort of walk? But how pretty!

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by binkyhoo

Very beautiful. If I can remember, does not that breed of horse have a special sort of walk? But how pretty!
yes, they don't trot, they 'gait' it's 4 beats instead of the two beat trot, most of them don't canter, some do.

The peruvian horse gait is called paso llano, very comfortable