Persil needs Board magic NOW

josemariadesousaneto

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Jenny, I went through Persil's story with you and I am so glad she could live a great life with you! You have an amazing heart.

My cat went through the same thing as yours did. She had a surgery in order to solve her diaphragmatic hernia problem. She is now doing amazing, but there have been five days since the surgery and I'm still thinking that she breaths faster than she should, despite being A LOT better than it used to. It's just a bit faster. Could you tell me when Persil's breath came back to normal?

Best wishes!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
jennyr jennyr hasn't visited the site in several months. Perhaps you could start a Conversation with her by clicking on her user name?

I immediately thought of Persil when I read about your cat's operation.

Jenny, I went through Persil's story with you and I am so glad she could live a great life with you! You have an amazing heart.

My cat went through the same thing as yours did. She had a surgery in order to solve her diaphragmatic hernia problem. She is now doing amazing, but there have been five days since the surgery and I'm still thinking that she breaths faster than she should, despite being A LOT better than it used to. It's just a bit faster. Could you tell me when Persil's breath came back to normal?

Best wishes!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
jennyr jennyr hasn't visited the site in several months. Perhaps you could start a Conversation with her by clicking on her user name?

I immediately thought of Persil when I read about your cat's operation.
I have sent you a PM. In it I said I couldn't remember how her breathing was afterwards, but I have just read through the last pages of this thread, and I see that I was still worried about her breathing rate 3/4 weeks after her op. She did eventually recover fully, and lived a good life till I lost her a couple of years ago, to stomach cancer. I did not even know she was sick, until a very few days before she died, which was a blessing for her. I did write a thread for her in the Bridge, with photos, if anyone now cares to find and read it! So there is lots of hope for cats with this very traumatic condition.

josemariadesousaneto

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Jenny, thank you SO MUCH for this! You have such an amazing soul. All your posts about Percil have been unbelievably important to me. I cannot express in words how grateful I really am. You are an inspiration!

It was indeed very traumatic. Even though she was behaving normally, her breath was too fast and we knew she needed surgery as urgent as possible. We were lucky to find a great veterinarian at the local university, and they took (and are taking) good care of her. The sad part is that unfortunately she doesn't understand that she needs rest, so she gets frustrated for being in the bathroom in order to rest. The vet told us she needs 45 days of rest without climbing on the furniture or running. My heart is broken, but it is what it is and, in spite of that, I'm happy she will live a great life by my side!
I'm sending the best energy for you and your fur friends. I know they are in good hands! :vibes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jenny, thank you SO MUCH for this! You have such an amazing soul. All your posts about Percil have been unbelievably important to me. I cannot express in words how grateful I really am. You are an inspiration!

It was indeed very traumatic. Even though she was behaving normally, her breath was too fast and we knew she needed surgery as urgent as possible. We were lucky to find a great veterinarian at the local university, and they took (and are taking) good care of her. The sad part is that unfortunately she doesn't understand that she needs rest, so she gets frustrated for being in the bathroom in order to rest. The vet told us she needs 45 days of rest without climbing on the furniture or running. My heart is broken, but it is what it is and, in spite of that, I'm happy she will live a great life by my side!
I'm sending the best energy for you and your fur friends. I know they are in good hands! :vibes:
Yes, I have the same problem every time one of mine has surgery. Duska has had a kidney bypass, a stone removed surgically and a blocked urethra opened under anaesthetic. Every time I have had to put her on a rest regime. They don't realise it is for their own good!It sounds like you are getting the best possible care and advice, and I am sure all will turn out well.