Persian or British Longhair?

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Feel the most important thing about Simba is that he's gorgeous!  I still stick to him being a Persian cross rather than pure-bred, but really, all any of us care is that he's happy, healthy and adored.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for joining in the discussion and giving your expertise and opinions. In no way did I mean to start at BLH vs Peke vs Dollface war. I just saw a pic of a BLH and thought they were so similar to my Simba that I questioned his breed. WellingtonCats, I most appreciate your kind words written about all the beauties on this page. I rescued both Simba & Kiki Bear and don't know their backgrounds nor do I care. They are my babies and no matter what their lines are, I love them the same. P3 & the King...OMG! Your orange dolls are gorgeous! I had an orange Persian, Sunny, who passed a decade ago and I still cry over that loss. The one in the front looks very much like my sweet angel. And lastly, NorthernGlow... Utu is stunning! What a proper and poised boy he is. You must be very proud to show him. His markings are purrfect.

Thank you all again for replying and trying to clarify for me the distinct difference. I learned a lot, but mostly that my Simba is not a BLH, but a Persian. Either way, he's my baby and that's what really matters.

Have a blessed day!
Hey I have to apoligise because I didn't read all the posts -- just sort of flicked through and picked up a few points. Your cats are in perfect condition and I really think you are doing well for them.

I bred possibly the "most" pet quality kitten in my entire 16 years of breeding. P3 and the king.. this litter was 100% pet quality, because she was the only one born. LOL. Her name is Captivating Purrfect or her new family called her Ivy, But guess what who cares. She is absolutely gorgeous and she has the most loving, wonderful home I could have asked for.

and then on the other hand I have a litter of 4.. where all of them 100% are show quality.. This one below and the one above have the same Dad. This one is Captivating Punchinello, or Punch.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

livs2laff

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I want to kiss those faces. They are sure pretty! I've never had a Persian kitten...or any kitten. I've always seemed to adopt older kitties. I guess they find you when they need you most.

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

and then on the other hand I have a litter of 4.. where all of them 100% are show quality.. This one below and the one above have the same Dad. This one is Captivating Punchinello, or Punch.

Is Mushroom their daddy? I swear I can see some 'Mushroominess' in them.

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 And lastly, NorthernGlow... Utu is stunning! What a proper and poised boy he is. You must be very proud to show him. His markings are purrfect.
Thanks. Actually I have never shown him. He was born in 2007 and back then we didn't have a cat association which recognized British Longhairs here in Finland (he was born to shorthair parents, registered in Fifé). We got TICA in 2009 I think, and he was already 2 then so I felt he might not act very well in a show because he wasn't used to them since he was a kitten. And he probably wouldn't do very well because of his markings..
 He's registered as a black silver shaded (like the kitty in my avatar pic), but later he got much darker and his eyes aren't green either, so he's a spotted tabby with very bad contrast.

But he is my soulmate.

katy57

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just took my cat for a show WCF, his breed is BLH. They told me the difference between Persian and BLH is a break on their nose (only if you touch it you will notice it) - also their coat is more dense.

BLH is a mix of British short hair and Persian. 

I hope it helps :)